Prologue

My eyes shoot open and I inhale deeply. It feels like I need oxygen for some reason. My eye dart around the dark room.

Where am I? I think. The last thing I remember is going to look for Aang.

Aang, he probably did this didn't he? I thought we were done with the pranks.

We swore we'd stop messing with each other after I pushed him off an edge. But I have other things to worry about.

I realize I'm panting, I feel so exasperated and tired at the same time. Like I was drowning, when there's no water in sight.

I look down at my body, I'm sitting with my legs crossed together and my hands folded.

I slowly attempt to move my legs and I immediately regret it due to the ache that follows.

My legs crack, a lot. And so do my arms, how long was I asleep?

Once I'm standing I wobble a bit and try to regain my balance. I take another look around the room. It's dark but my eyes are adjusting to it.

I turned around and audibly gasped when it hit me, "The statues," my voice comes out weak and hoarse. It hurts but I ignore the pain as I remember what the sisters had told me just a couple of days before.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback

*Western Air Temple

"See you later Grenira." I waved to my friend. And she waved back.

She was always more of a competition friend, she likes athletic related activities.

I was walking back to my room, exhaustedly. When Grenira plays, she plays hard.

"Alura," I stopped to turn around at the voice.

"Sister Flora," I bowed to her, "is something the matter? I was just heading to my room."

"No, nothing is wrong but I need you to come with me." She gestured and began to walk. I followed.

*Timeskip

I shook my head, "No, no I'm not. I'm sorry to disappoint you all but I'm not the Avatar."

From where I was sitting, I stared up in denial at the 5 sisters in front of me, one of them being Flora who had brought me here.

"Alura, my dear, look at the signs." Sister Leigh started, "You mastered airbending at the age of 11 years old, you've earned your markings, and you've had them for 2 years now."

I looked down at my crossed legs, she was right. Airbending just always came easy to me, the movement, the fluidity in the movement was naturally appealing to me.

"I'm an Airbender," I mumbled, "pretty sure it should come naturally."

"You were the first in this entire temple, and your not even the oldest." Said the one on the farthest left, Orla. Her voice was strained, I could tell they were all losing their patience.

"So," I shrugged, "The Avatar, is a master at all 4 elements, not just air."

They all stared at me knowingly, secretly I knew I was the Avatar, I always have. When I was younger I had fire bended on accident. I just never told a soul, except Aang.

I tell him everything, well mostly everything. We've been friends for that long, basically our whole lives. I'm going to go see him tomorrow, last time I was there he said something about a new Airbending move he created and I want to learn it.