The Storm

I woke up with a start, as Momo jumped on my stomach.

Sitting up, staff already in hand. I blinked in both confusion and fatigue.

"What? What happened, where's Zuko?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

Sokka beside me held both his sword and boomerang.

"Did we get captured again?" He looked half asleep as well.

"It's nothing." We looked at Aang. "I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep."

"Tch, bad dream." I grumbled, laying back down with my staff in hand.

"Don't gotta tell me twice." Sokka laid back down.

Katara tried to talk to Aang, but was only meant with denials.

Sokka said something again but I was to tired to understand and fell asleep soon after.

After packing up camp, we visited the market.

Being out of food, we had to try and get some.

"It's good I tell you! Perfect." A business lady persuaded.

Katara shook a watermelon, a lot of swishing was heard from it.

"I don't know if I like the sound of this swishing." She said unsurely.

"Swishing means it's ripe. It's the ripe juices swishing around. Huh?" She continued.

Aang nodded. "I think it's true Katara, swishing means it's ripe."

I furrowed my brows, "No I don't think so."

Katara turned around, "I just realized we're out of money anyway." She put her hands together, in a apologetic manner.

The lady growled, and snatched the basket out of Sokka's hands.

We walked farther down the dock.

"Out of food and out of money, what are we going to do?" Sokka whined.

"You could get a job, smart guy." Katara sassed.

"You are the oldest, like you've pointed out multiple times before." I said crossing my arms.

Before any more could be said, an old couple began to argue a few feet away from us.

The argument was about the old woman being worried for her partner to go out fishing, for she feared there'd be a storm.

The sky's perfect out... But you can feel it in the air.

The old man on the other hand denied her pleads, saying he'd take anyone else for the job, paying double.

Sokka jogged forward, "I'll go." He raised his hand.

"You're hired." The man pointed at Sokka.

The three of us looked skeptically between each other.

Sokka, noticing our looks, shrugged. "What? You told me to get a job, and he's paying double."

The man looked back at Sokka, cocking an eyebrow. "Double? Who told you that nonsense?"

I slapped my forehead, dragging my hand down my face.

Good grief.

Sokka was actually going through with the job.

Which was a bit of a surprise at first, then I thought about it, and Sokka can be responsible when he wants to be.