Reunion

I ready my stance, and I take hold of the wind and push it through the machine causing the door like frames to spin rapidly.

"Alright, you haven't done this in what I'm assuming years but your a natural." I whisper to myself.

It has been 2 days since I woke up, and using all the clues I've... found, I have come to a revelation.

The fire nation was here, I still don't know how they got here yet but that doesn't matter, they slaughtered my people, or at the very least the ones that live in the southern temple.

I wasn't murdered because someone obviously put me in the sanctuary knowing when in the Avatar state, if killed, will be the end of the cycle. I didn't know that before but I've been reading a lot these two days.

My memory has also been coming back to me. It was a stormy night, and I was outside trying to find Aang's corridor when I just stopped. Involuntarily, and this weird sensation occured where I couldn't control anything, and out of nowhere I was scared for my life. I felt like I was drowning, then it all just stopped and I was met with darkness.

The same thing happened a day and a half ago, I was walking with my staff in hand and my mind started getting foggy and the guilt, the shame, the regret, it all came back to me. To me it felt like I needed to release some type of power, and then it just stopped. I regained consciousness and grabbed my staff that was dangling off the edge.

If I had lost it, I would not get another one. I've searched the temple, there's none left. They used to have extras for the idiots that broke theirs but they are all gone now. I'm guessing the fire nation burnt them all to ash.

Ohh. So that's where the slur came from.

Whoever put me in there with my staff was thinking ahead, smart.

I thank whoever saved me, It's like I was helpless in that state, when it's usually the complete opposite.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, "Be like the leaf."

The image of monk Gyato's dead body is still in my head, I've tried to wash it out by meditating, yelling, crying, but nothing.

His dead body, no skeleton was surrounded by many fire nation ones. Which just confirmed my theories.

But why? I ask myself, I have friends in the fire nation. Or had friends atleast.

It doesn't matter anymore, it's also how I figured out I was sleeping for a very long time. Firstly, there are cobwebs and dust everywhere. If anybody was here recently, the temple wouldn't be in this state.

Second, Gyato's body. It's a skeleton, and due to the temperature up in the southern air temple, which is always a more cool climate, it's safe to assume the body took longer to decay. Given the fact it decayed in the first place means it has been at least 8 years, but for some reason I fear it has been more.

I hear chittering beside me and look at the lemur. He's the only thing I found in this place.

The only thing alive.

"Your right boy lemur" I say to him, "I shouldn't be nervous over something I'm an expert at."

I haven't named him yet, but I probably should soon. Me and him are the only things left of this place, we have to stick together.

Since when do I talk to lemurs, I mentally facepalm.

Ever since there was no one else to talk to.

I take a another deep breath and as instinct I place my hands in front of my chest in a defensive yet flexible manner.

I exhale and go.