34 - Happy Days

With Jimin helping Jungkook move on from the incident that troubled the older man the most, the pair soon grew comfortable together again. It was something that they could move past, like Jimin had previously said.

Now, they were past it.

Almost.

Jungkook still didn't trust himself enough. But, Jimin trusted him enough, and had faith in him.

Today was a regular Friday. The mafia had been tense, however, Jungkook had planned something special for Jimin. Lately, his feelings had been getting stronger and he wanted to do a romantic gesture for Jimin to thank him for being such a wonderful baby to him.

Even if Jungkook felt like he didn't deserve a chance at happiness, Jimin still made him feel happier than he ever had felt. Jimin, being the kind and sweet man that he was, did whatever he could to prove to Jungkook that everyone deserved a chance at something as beautiful as love.

On this bright Friday, Jungkook had been working hard to prepare a special evening for him and Jimin. It was a date.

Of course, he didn't tell Jimin about it, yet. The younger man had no idea about Jungkook's intention to prepare a date for them. The truth was, Jungkook had no idea where such a romantic idea came from. He just wanted to do something fitting for Jimin. Something that showed how he felt about the younger man.

Jungkook had spent the entire morning preparing his backyard. The mafia mansion had a huge front yard with a fountain and the works. However, the backyard was larger. Much larger. It was as if it came out of a fairytale. The backyard had a huge garden of flowers and trees, and sprinklers that watered the garden twice a day. The garden had a lighting system that would shine bright lights when the sun sets.

The trees had vines, covered in flowers. There was a small picnic area that Jungkook had decorated. There was a wooden table in the center of the garden, and wooden benches on either side. Jungkook had covered the table with a pretty table cloth, and prepared for a picnic.

Jimin was inside the mansion. He had no clue of what Jungkook was doing. The young and vibrant blonde was having a good time with Hoseok and Taehyung as they played a card game.

"You think he's gonna be long? I kinda wanted to head up to check on Yoongi," Hoseok slipped. Jimin turned his gaze towards Hoseok, his eyes laced with confusion as he cocked his head to the side.

Taehyung snapped his attention towards Hoseok. And Taehyung always thought that he was the blabber mouth... Turns out, Hoseok was one too. Taehyung wanted to smack his forehead, but chose not to, as he placed his cards down on the coffee table that was in the center of the living room.

Giving Hoseok a deadly glare, he turned to Jimin. Taehyung had to save their asses somehow.

"Please ignore him. He's high-"

"I don't do drugs-"

"Well, you better start in case JK finds out that you ratted him out-"

"Wait... What?" Jimin blinked, interrupting the banter between the two friends. Hoseok bit down on his lower lip as he thought about how to word it. He had to be honest now. 

"Jungkook asked us to keep you occupied for a little while," Hoseok said, honestly. Jimin immediately pouted gently. 

"Does he... Does he not want me to be around him anymore?" Jimin instinctively assumed the worst, his heart feeling torn before even getting confirmation. He has fallen deeper in love with the mafia leader as the days have went by. It's only been just over two months since Jimin's disappearance and since everyone assumed him to be dead. However, within these two months, Jimin had fallen completely head over heels for this particular man.