21 - Evidence

That week was an emotional time for Mr. Park and his sister. Jimin's disappearance seemed to devastate them with each waking moment.

Mr. Park was in the police department, in his office to be precise, as he looked through the files he gathered.

There were no traces of DNA on the front door or back door. There were no traces of foreign DNA in the entire house. Nobody had been in there besides Jimin, Minji and Mr. Park.

Jungkook was smart that day. He left not a single trace of himself. Not even a shoe print was recovered.

With Jungkook parking his car on the street, in a blindspot where the traffic cameras couldn't detect him, he bypassed every single way that he could have been caught.

Mr. Park was concerned. His electric fencing had short circuited the night of Jimin's disappearance, but the fault was so small that it could have been labelled as a product malfunction.

Watching the CCTV camera footage of his home once more, his eyes were narrowed in on each detail as he played it in slow motion.

After what seemed to be hours of dedication, his eyes spotted something. He may have been a middle aged man, but he wasn't as blind as he thought he was.

In the corner of the footage that Camera 13 capture, where the lens recorded the view of the front entrance to the driveway, he noticed that the garden ornament near the gate was tipped over.

The ornament was tipped over but the entire video was consistent. There was no footage of the ornament falling over. It was perfect in one second, and then it was on the ground the very next second.

It was such a small detail that anyone could have missed it. But, it was proof that the footage was tampered with. It was stuck on a loop for twenty minutes. Within those twenty minutes, Jungkook had broke into their home and convinced Jimin to leave with him.

The footage was hacked to erase the entire twenty minutes, however, it looped the video for those minutes to show that the footage was recorded for the twenty-four hours that day.

The ornament that fell didn't miraculously fall. Jimin tipped it over with his foot that day, hoping that someone would realize that he left suspiciously. 

Why was this ornament different from the others? It was the only ornament that was a reminder of Jimin's mother. It was her favorite ornament which their family kept on the lawn.

Jimin wanted his family to notice it laying on the ground, because the ornament was too heavy to fall due to natural causes, unless there was an earthquake or a tornado.

So, with this in mind, Mr. Park knew it was a long shot, but he decided to open up an investigation to find his son.

* * *

Yesterday, Jimin was in little space for a long time. He stayed little for a few hours, being taken care of by Jungkook. When the younger was back in big space, they cleaned up Jimin's play section.

The blonde was happy. He was content. At home, he usually slipped into little space in his bedroom when he was alone. He'd gather his gear and sit on his bed before he'd allow himself to slip.

He never had someone take care of him the way Jungkook had done yesterday. It made him feel a sense of euphoria, and, he was slowly falling for the man already.

At the moment, Jimin was waiting for Jungkook to watch a movie. The younger had been contemplating something lately. Ever since he started to spend time with Jungkook, he learned a lot about the man. Now, he realized that maybe staying here with Jungkook wasn't such a bad thing.