ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 24

When summer officially started for the god – siblings – Draco, Neville, and Artemis – they were informed of a guest who would be joining them for the vacations. He went by the name Marvolo Gaunt, though their parents informed them of his real identity aka Voldemort. He surprisingly was the actual owner of the Manor.

James and Sirius had obviously not agreed on having him inside the Manor but as usual their opinion when it came to the man, wasn't considered. The adults all knew that they were just being overprotective of their daughter.

Draco and Neville narrowed their eyes, when they were informed, they were all certain that the two boys did not trust the man around their little sister, considering how she blushed slightly. The girl had told them about their encounter before Yule, and they didn't like in one bit.

Both James and Sirius congratulated them and encouraged them to keep him away from their princess.

Artemis on the other hand, remembered how he called her pet and she called him master, which made her shiver.

                                                                               ˜"*°•.˜"*°•  •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Artemis sweetie, are you here?" Lily asked as she entered the library.

"Over here mother." Artemis replied from one of the many couches. She was wearing one of James's old school shirts. The young girl enjoyed using man clothes when she was going to read.

"What are you reading about?" The mother asked as she sat beside the Slytherin.

"I'm reading about astronomy."

"Sweetie, can we talk about something?"

"What is it mother?" Artemis questioned as she closed her book.

"Do you remember when you asked about who gave you that necklace." Lily motioned to the moon and sun necklace her daughter has never taken off.

"What about it?"
"Your mate gave you that necklace when you turned one year." Lily finally answered the question the girl has always wanted the answer to.

"Who is my mate, mother?"

"Marvolo, is your mate."

"The- The Dark Lord?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Hurt became evident on the still eleven – year – old girl.

"I- I don't really know. We just wanted you to have normal childhood, not having to think about what being Voldemort's mate meant." Lily wiped the tear that her daughter had let fall.

"Why now?" Artemis whispered, her voice slightly breaking.

"Because now that he's back, that's he's here, with his body back. Well, your responsibilities as his lady are going to begin. Not only to him, but to your followers too. Because yes, they're yours too."

"I need time to process this... and fresh air......" Artemis put her book aside and walked away, faintly hearing her mother call her. She really didn't want to hear it.

Everything was suddenly making sense. How the death eaters respected her, how they always tried to please her somehow. How his presence and magic put her into some sort of trance, how the man made the demon inside of her lust for his touch, how she once had a wet dream about him.

Artemis didn't actually know how to feel or what to do. All she knew was that she needed to get away from everyone, at least for a while. She was so confused, she needed time to process this.

                                                                                  ˜"*°•.˜"*°•  •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Has anyone seen Artemis!?" A frantic Lily entered the living room, where everyone was greeting the Dark Lord. She had her tears running down her face.

"What do you mean?' James asked as he approached his wife and mate.

"I- I talked to her in the library this morning. Which left her with her emotions all over the place, I assumed that she went to the garden for space and time alone. But I just went there, and she isn't there, and she isn't anywhere in the Manor either. I don't know where she is, I can't find her." Lily explained as she cried into James chest.

"What!?" Sirius shouted in disbelief.

"Lily what did you talk to her about?" Narcissa asked clearly worried.

"I- I told her about Marvolo, I told her he is her mate." Lily admitted slightly calmer.

"Merlin." Both Draco and Neville muttered, understanding how that could've affected their sister. They knew her better than anyone.

"Fuck.......... Do you have any idea of where she could be?" Lucius cursed when Lily shook her head.

"I think we know." Neville told them.

"Where?" Remus questioned.

"Mauna Kea. She likes going to stargaze when she's troubled." Marvolo immediately apparated when Draco gave him the probable location of his little moon.