Yancy x Illinois

This oneshot is inspired by the song at the top! :) Also, it reminds me of their dynamic a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Illinois sighed as he exited the meeting with his fellow iplier egos. The only reason he went to those meets wasn't to listen to the pointless arguments that got them nowhere, but to interact with a certain musical outlaw.

The criminal, Yancy, would tell him about dance numbers he thought of or stories of his prison life. Illinois would then say something flirty like he always did. Something like, "I don't understand how someone as dashing as you would be locked up." Or something along those lines.

Yancy would always reply with a scoff or rolling his eyes with a smile afterwards, leaving Illinois flabbergasted. Normally, when he flirted with people they would reacted with flusteredness or with annoyance. This was completely different, and it only made him even more interested in the man.

Illinois tiredly walked away from the room only to be stopped by Yancy himself. The explorer was suprised and he asked, "Yes, Yancy? Need something?" He asked in a soft tone. "Youse know about the dance number I told youse about earlier?" Yancy asked in his thick accent. Illinois nodded with a confused look on his face.

"I want youse to dance in it." Yancy said, not even asking if Illinois wanted to or not. "I don't know if you know this, but I'm not much of a dancer, Yancy..." Illinois said with a nervous chuckle. "I could teach ya." Yancy offered. Illinois's eyes widened a small bit and he replied, "That eager to dance with me?" He said jokingly.

Yancy snickered and crossed his arms, "Well youse weren't my original pick for a dance partner, but everyone else bailed on me." Yancy explained. Illinois raised his eyebrow, "What kind of dance is this anyway?"

"Salsa." Yancy replied nonchalantly. "Yancy I hope you have a good patience, because you'll need it." Illinois sighed. "Oh please, I've dealt with worse back at prison." Yancy shrugged.

The next few days were non-stop torment for Ilinois, not because of having to dance for days on end, but because he was no closer to getting the routine down than he was when he started. He hated getting on Yancy's nerves bit by bit.

"No, youse gotta be less stiff. That's the problem! Youse too up tight!" Yancy criticized. "Maybe youse can take a break. It's time for lunch anyway." He sighed. Illinois sat down and yawned. He was out of energy and motivation at this point. Yancy came back with some food for the both of them.

"After this, we can work on the move on the part where we dance together." Yancy said in between bites. Illinios perked up his head, "Like a waltz?" He asked. "Not really. It had much more energy in it." Yancy answered.

After lunch, the two started practice again. "The key to this part is to trust your dance partner, and to maintain eye contact!" Yancy explained with a grin. "Gotcha..." Illinois replied.

If he was being honest, Illinois enjoyed practicing that dance with Yancy. Even though he kept on messing up, he was with the other while doing so. He smiled to himself when they were dancing together. At one point, they were finally in sync with each other. No mistakes or slips from Illinois.

Afterwards, Yancy smiled and applauded the tired adventurer. "Youse doing great! I think we should wrap it up though. Youse look tired." He said. "This was fun, Yancy. I honestly enjoyed our time together." Illinois said while adjusting his hat.

Yancy's cheeks went slightly pink when he heard the other man say that. "Yeah. So did I. Youse getting better, I can see it." He replied.

"See you tomorrow, Yancy. I look forward to our next meeting." He said in a flirting tone as he left out the door.

After he was gone, Yancy laughed to himself. "Maybe life outside prison ain't so bad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Had writer's block while making this, but at least it's done now! Have a great day, my friends!