Chapter Twenty-Seven

I walked into the suite, my mind still on what Hunter had told me about Calvin

I walked into the suite, my mind still on what Hunter had told me about Calvin. How was I going to react around him now that I've heard about such a thing? I was disappointed and slightly disgusted that I allowed such a man to touch me. He lacked respect and I had something against people with behaviors similar to his.

I know I should probably not react to something that wasn't related to me at all but I couldn't. It just made me uncomfortable.

I raised my head and froze in my spot when I saw Calvin sitting on one of the couches, using his phone and when I closed the door, he looked up and rose from the couch.

"You're finally back," he said and walked up to me but I reacted by pressing my back up against the door. He noticed and raised an eyebrow.

"I was busy... I was eating downstairs," I replied and started to make my way past him but he grabbed my arm, making me flinch.

I shifted my eyes up to his hesitantly and met him looking down at me with suspicion in his eyes. I looked away and stared at a blank spot up ahead.

"Are you okay? You look like you're about to pop or something," he said and I yanked my arm out of his grip.

I sighed, trying to summon the courage to do what I had been thinking of doing after Hunter had left me at the table. It was hard for me to do but it was for the best as I didn't know what secrets this man hid that may affect me. I looked over my shoulder and made eye contact with him.

"Mr. Lombardi...I have something to say," I started to say then turned around so I faced him but didn't look at his face. "I think it's best we stop this sex education session we're having. Look, it's not working for me anymore and I think I should probably focus on myself or go ahead with the kind of person I am. I'm sorry."

I spun around and threw a foot forward, ready to walk away.

"Does this decision have anything to do with Hunter?"

His question made a chill go through my body. My back went rigid and my heart began to hammer in fear. I slowly turned around and blinked, trying to act normal.

"What do you mean?"

Calvin rolled his eyes. "Enough with the pretense. I saw you talking to Hunter Gonzalez at the breakfast bar downstairs when I went there to meet a partner."

There was no use pretending or lying. I sighed and shrugged, feeling nonchalant, despite his warning concerning Hunter.

"So what if I did? Are you scared that I might find out something I'm not supposed to?"

"Damn it, Helen! I told you to stay away from Hunter! He's not who you think he is!"

"Oh, hell no! You're the one who isn't who I thought you were, Mr! It's funny how this is coming from you who slept with his wife! Don't say shit when I can tell that Hunter was telling the truth!"