The Runaway

Writers note!

Hello!
This is my first Narusasu story! I'm so excited to try this since I'm mostly a Sasunaru writer. That's all I have to say except for thank you guys for following and reading my stories! I will never give up Sasunaru but let's try something different!

Changed schedule for every weekend!
(Saturday or Sunday)
_________________________________________

Sasuke's pov

The morning skies...I stayed up all night walking once again. I can't sleep....not now.

It's been years since I went back home. Back home to my daughter....and to my wife...my wife Sakura.

I can't bring myself to...go back. It's...going back to a place that hurt me. That took away my family. I was so angry at my home...now...I can't go back...because of what I did....and what she did to protect our daughter.

Sakura...you left me too soon. How can I show my face around our daughter...knowing that I could have changed the outcome of your death. I can only stay away from her....and let her live her life without me.

I looked at an old tree that was well hidden from the trail. I walked over and sat down. I closed my eyes for awhile. I wanted to try and rest until I continue on. All I can imagine...was the look on his face...the sadness in his deep blue ocean eyes. His fluffy blond hair...his stupid face....Naruto...my past...my first...my one and only. He looked so hurt...when I told him to take care of my daughter. I can't become a father when I can't even be a good husband.

I looked down to my vest pocket and reached in. I pulled out my old wedding ring that I would wear when I was with Sakura. I thought she was so annoying...then I fell in love with her at one point...now...I'm just sorry she had to be the one to be with me. I'm sorry for hurting her...and I'm sorry for not being able to save her. I loved her at one point in my life...now...I just wanted her and Sarada to have a good life without me.

I didn't know I drifted off until I actually woke up...I thought it was only a blink. I looked around to see a hawk...with a note. I grabbed it and used my mouth to open it since I only have one arm.

I flinched when I saw that it was from Naruto the Hokage.

Dear Sasuke,

I don't know where you are now...but I wanted to say that it's Sarada's birthday in a week. I know you won't return...but it would make her so happy if you were to send a happy birthday letter to her...she's turning twelve! Can't you believe it!? She made it on my son's team...the same team as us...team 7. Strange things...Orochimaru's son is also in...strange right? I hope you are well...and I hope the messenger bird was able to track you. I will wait for your reply...that is...if this note ever made it.

P.S I still have your headband in my care.

Sincerely yours,

Uzumaki Naruto

Naruto...

I felt like my heart was about to leave my chest. He was able to get a letter towards me. It's strange...that he doesn't try and chase me...like how he did when we were young. That day when he changed my outlook on the world...I fell in love with him.