Chapter 21

A couple weeks later.

We've paid to have a scan at 8 weeks. We just want to make sure. You can never be so careful.

I sat waiting on the bed with Chris' hand interlocked with mine. The nurse walked in and grabbed the gel.

"How's it going? Any morning sickness? Any questions?"

Me: "a little morning sickness. No questions I just want to see our baby"

"Okay let's have a look shall we. This is going to be a little cold"

She put some gel on my stomach and started to look for the baby.

"There's baby"

Me: "everything's okay?"

"Everything's perfectly fine"

Chris: "oh my god... our baby"

I couldn't take my eyes of the screen. Our baby. A mini us. I tightened my grip on Chris' hand.

"I'll go get you some copies"

Me: "thank you"

Chris: "can you believe it?"

Me: "no... that's our baby"

Chris: "yeah it is"

The nurse came back with 4 copies for us. I thanked her and we went back out to the car. We sat in the car in awh for a couple minutes before driving home.

We got ready as my dad, Susan, Avri, Exton, Lizzie and Scar are coming over for my birthday. It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm pregnant. I can't believe it. It's everything I've wanted.

Who knows when the next time I can fit into my normal clothes is

Who knows when the next time I can fit into my normal clothes is. Within half an hour they were all here. I got the pregnancy test out of my pocket and put it on the table.

Me: "is it just me that sees that?"

Dad: "WHAT"

Lizzie: "oh my god"

Susan: "really!? Oh my god!!"

Avri: "are you having a baby?"

Me: "I'm pregnant!!"

Dad: "OH MY GOD"

Lizzie: "congratulations!!"

I stood up and hugged Lizzie. Susan told us congratulations and I hugged her. My dad was still in shock. I walked over to him and grabbed his shoulders.

Dad: "you're having a baby?"

I nodded.

Me: "I'm having a baby"

Dad: "oh my god. My babygirl's having a baby"

I hugged him as he cried into my shoulder making me cry.

Lizzie: "have you had your first scan?"

Me: "we had one earlier"

Chris: "here look"

He got the ultrasound pictures and showed them to Lizzie. I got a copy from Chris and gave it to my dad.

Me: "this copy is for you"

Dad: "oh my god, it's tiny"

Susan: "how far along are you?"

Me: "8 weeks 3 days"

Avri: "IM GOING TO BE AN ANTIE"

Exton: "OH MY GOD!! I'm going to be an uncle!!"

Me: "yeah you are!"

Avri and Exton somehow at the same time: "Congratulations!!"

Me: "thank you"

I have them both a hug. Lizzie walked up to me as she started to cry. I wrapped her in the biggest hug.

Lizzie: "I'm so happy for you both"