Chapter 3

Marco's P.O.V
It has been a bit since we had started travelling to the City of the Dead and today we had arrived this morning. I walked outside and saw Ban was looking around as well; it was great when he made breakfast as he was the best cook out of us all. I walked outside as well and looked around to the town and saw that it was quiet and seemed to be abandoned.

"This is it? It's so silent here." I spoke up and saw Ban look over at me with a smirk.

"What's wrong you scared Marco?"

"Pfft...as if I'm scared Foxy. Come on let's go explore this place." I smiled happily and jumped down with Ban as we started walking together and looking around.

I smirked as myself and Ban shoved each other not too worried about the damage we could do to one another. As we walked I noticed that there was no people around and some of the buildings looked run down. "It's empty."

"Wonder where everyone is? Looks like no one has been for some time." Ban spoke and we both stopped when he heard a gasp and we looked to see two children that looked scrawny.

The boy was in front of his sister and a pitch fork aimed at Ban. "Woah woah it's alright; we're not going to hurt you's." I smiled softly as I got to their heights smiling softly. "Are you two from this village?"

The boy looked between us. "Why does it matter to you?! What do you want here?"

"We're looking for the land of the dead; we heard that there may be a gate here that can lead us there. We're looking for one of our team mates and believe he may be there." I spoke with a gentle and patient voice while keeping an eye on Ban.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you to not aim sharp things at other people." Ban spoke relaxed but with a rude tone to his voice.

The boy tensed as he was kind of backed into a corner and I tensed before snickering when he stabbed Ban with the pitch fork. "S-sorry..."

"Don't worry about it; that won't kill him." I smiled softly to them and saw the girl looking weak and frowned. "Why don't you come with us to our captains tavern and we can get you both fed." I was smiling and talking gently as I moved my hand and yanked the pitch fork out of Ban hearing the children gasp.

Ban chuckled healing up quickly before he froze coughing up blood and I yanked the kids away as a spear came through Ban. "Ban!"

"Yo Ban, Marco." Another high pitched voice spoke to us.

Ban frowned looking over his shoulder the spear not really affecting him. "Do you mind? And who are you?"

"I'm hurt that you don't recognize me Ban." He floated on a pillow and before I could say anything Meliodas was there with a mug for some reason in his hand as he hit Ban on the head out of nowhere.

"Bad Ban." Meliodas spoke before he noticed that myself and Diane who had just arrived were both staring in surprise to the male on the pillow.

"KING?!?!" Meliodas, Diane and myself spoke at the same time and King didn't say anything as he looked to Diane with a small blush on his cheeks.

"We've missed you King." Diane spoke with a happy smile on her face.

"King where have you been? We've been looking all over for you." I spoke up to the fairy king and frowned when he left right away without saying anything to us.

Diane frowned looking worried and I moved jumping up as she caught me and let me go to her shoulders as I rubbed her neck in a soothing manner. "Hey I'm sure he'll come back; I know he will." I smiled softly to her.