Chapter 1

Marco's P.O.V
Ten years since I last saw my friends...ten years us sins have been in hiding when we had been framed for killing Grand Master Zaratras. No we wouldn't have killed him; that man was kind with all of us and we liked it...he treated us like his equals and never asked us what our sins were. I missed my friends but I knew or well guessed that one day I will see them again I just had to wait...that's something that I have been doing this past decade along with training and I had to admit I was proud of how I looked.

I got muscles in the right place I was lean thankfully, my powers I could control all of them and my favourite thing to do when knights came was to use my lies and put the lies of this place was haunted. I had chosen to live near a village where the water could heal wounds and it was there that I would train, meditate and relax. Being around the water helped me to knock out all the sounds around me and to relax me; I had learnt long ago how to control my anger and I knew now...my anger can become my will to fight and protect those that need my protection. I gave that protection to this village; lately I noticed something was wrong with the Holy knights and I didn't like it one little bit...the newbies who had no power one day; all of a sudden over night have gotten powers out of no where.

I left my little home that was on the edge of the woods and the furthest from the village which I liked; it meant I would have my own privacy and some quiet but I was far away enough that if danger came on this side of the town I would be able to protect the village and give the people time to run. I had my side my weapons were on me and my sword was my sacred weapon...the single blade was great to use on weaker opponents like the knights, or bandits of which was what I mostly dealt with lately.

I had started walking to the stream where I meditated and something was making me go on alert; I stopped in the woods and closed my eyes letting my mind go silent and my senses sharpened. I was shocked when I felt a strong power ahead of me near the stream and I frowned as I ran and jumped into the tree branches and started jumping from one tree to the next before I stopped a couple rows in the shadows and was grateful I could hide my presence.

I frowned watching a bunch of people walking into a tavern and I was curious; this tavern had just appeared out of no where since I left here last night. I thought maybe someone had used a spell to move it around but at the moment I wasn't picking up on anything and sighed softly. "Guess I'm going to the waterfall."

I moved onto a branch and headed to the west that was upstream and towards the waterfall that fed this stream. I didn't want to even know who had dared to come this way as I took off and smiled using my speed but kept my presence hidden; in a way I was kind of like Escanor I didn't like to reveal my power even a small fraction could lead many of knights to my location and risk the safety of the people in the village.

As I got to the water fall I checked to make sure no one was near me and from where I normally train and meditate I figured I was around three miles away which gave me some room to train. I sighed taking off my battle staff and concentrated my powers onto it and smiled as I had started to summon the water from the river and as I lifted my staff I tossed it into the air the water following it.

"Aqua sphere!" I had to stabilize the sphere and lately I had been trying to make the sphere bigger which required more of my energy. I had to be able to control the sphere and my staff was in the middle as that is where my magic was being concentrated for now until I had full control of this new technique. I closed my eyes and kept concentrating on the sphere and once I was sure I had it in control I slowly added more water till I had it about the size of a horse drawn cart and slowly started turning the sphere into ice and my staff flew into my hand.

I smirked and as I made the sphere ice and I jumped sitting it. "LEOPARD SLASH!!"I hit the sphere and it shattered sending the shards flying and they destroyed a few tree's and boulders as I chuckled softly. "Finally; only took me a year to perfect that."