Chapter 2

Meliodas's P.O.V
Meliodas was glad that they had finally found Marco; it was true that himself and Elizabeth had a curse on them but they didn't love each other. Meliodas learnt that there was someone more special to him that he would do anything to keep safe and make her see that she was perfect...soul mates were a rarity. Over the time that Marco was away from Meliodas's side he couldn't help but worry...he knew what she was like a decade ago but he looked at her now and it seemed she finally found peace with herself and that made him happy.

Meliodas kept an eye on the sins and he chuckled when he watched Ban and Marco talking together and Marco smacking Ban hard upside the head for a comment he made. "Hey Marco how about trying not to kill Ban."

"Mmm...Nah I don't think so; I mean he is immortal so I doubt I could kill him no matter how much I try. I heard the rumours coming out of Baste Prison about the unkillable man." Marco smirked as she leaned back against the bar and was looking to Meliodas with her silver-purple eye colour.

Meliodas sighed shaking his head with a smile. "Whatever will I do with you Marco?"

"More like whatever did you do before I came along? I mean we all know I'm cooler and more better then Greed." Marco laughed when Bqn dumped water on her grinning as well.

Meliodas shook his head as the two sibling like sins started playing and rough housing with one another. He grabbed a cup and hit Ban on the head hearing the male sin grumble as Meliodas also grabbed Marco and brought her close to him to protect her. He couldn't help it; being mates does that to you, a mate will do everything and be anything that their mate needs...wether it's a friend, a shoulder to lean on, a pillar when they fall; no matter what it is a person couldn't fight that bond because your one when together.

Marco must have noticed that Meliodas as tense as she placed a hand on his shoulder gently and Elizabeth was looking worried. "Relax captain; I'm alright we were just playing. And besides I have gotten stronger over the years as well." Marco smiled softly to Meliodas.

Elizabeth was looking between us curiously before she spoke. "May I ask? But do you two have some sort of bond?"

Marco froze and she easily pulled a fake smile that was convincing to the rest that it hurt Meliodas that she would lie. "No; Meliodas is just another friend nothing more and nothing less princess."

"I-If your sure." Elizabeth frowned and saw Marco leave the tavern and before she took a step she was stopped by Meliodas. "I'm sorry if I said anything I shouldn't have."

"It's alright Elizabeth don't worry about it I'm sure she'll be alright. Marco has some trust issues but I know she'll warm up. She's like a mother/sister figure in this group when she has to be; I'll go check up on her though." Meliodas spoke as he grabbed his broken sword and made sure it was in it's sheathe on his back as he walked outside and felt Marco was up on the roof.

He smiled softly and moved jumping up and walked over to where he saw the sand blonde haired woman. "Marco? You alright?"

Marco has been sitting there with her knee's hugged to her chest and her head sitting on her knee's; she had looked over to him and nodded her head before looking back to the view. "Yeah; it's just hard to hide that we're soul mates when I know...that she's Elizabeth. I hate that you have to live with this curse till we find a way to break it on you both."

Meliodas smiled sadly as he sat and he open an arm and felt Marco cuddle into him her head on his shoulder. "We'll find a way I know it; Merlin has been looking for me since before we split up that day ten years ago."