🥥Forty-Seven🥥

I watched the building burn, the dagger in my hands becoming too heavy for me to bear

I watched the building burn, the dagger in my hands becoming too heavy for me to bear. I pressed my lips together, my anger refusing to subside as I knew many innocent bodies were burning along with it. I raised the dagger, aimed, and threw it into the flames. It landed above the sign of Seaside Paradise Tokyo. Niragi stood to my left, and Chishiya stood to my right, watching with me. Kuina crouched before me, facing the large building that once held hope.

"Did you get the cards, Kuina?" I asked, extending my hand.

"I did." She answered, fishing the deck from her bikini top. She handed them to me and I gave her a small, sad smile as I gave the entire deck to Chishiya.

"There's no time to wait. We need to check in with Arisu and Usagi. Those two found something, I just know it." I told them. They followed behind me without question as I made my way over to a distraught Arisu and a numb Usagi.

"Hey..." she greeted, peering back at Arisu who looked terrified and traumatized.

"Is he okay?" I asked, slightly concerned for his sanity. Then, I realized someone important was missing. "Where's Last Boss?" I gasped. Judging by her sad expression I knew where he was. "Stay here," I commanded.

I ran toward the burning building, knowing the risk I took by going back inside. The lobby was surrounded by fire, and my eyes burned from the heat. My lungs burned from the smoke invading them, but I pressed on, jogging through a line of fire in my way. I ignored the pain in my legs as I made it through without catching on fire. I spotted him, sitting against a pillar in what used to be the club.

I could feel my lungs beginning to shut down from the excessive heat. His eyes met mine and widened.

"You're supposed to be out there! D-Don't waste your time! Leave before you die!" He exclaimed worriedly.

"I won't leave without you!" I wheezed, crawling under a beam that fell from the lack of support. I could hear the crumbling of the ceiling, which didn't make anything easier. It became a chore to breathe as I walked toward him, clutching my stomach as I felt sick from the smoke.

"You have to! I'm stuck!" He cried.

"Just give me a moment." I didn't have a moment, but I couldn't leave him to die alone. I saw a beam that trapped his leg, keeping him where he was. I rushed to it, using all of my strength to lift it enough for him to break free. "Pull!" I wheezed, my throat beginning to close up. He didn't look too great either, his eyes bloodshot and his lips chapped.

"I got it! Let's go!" He yelled, his voice a lot stronger than my own.

Black dots clouded my vision as I began to grow weak. I could feel my heart hammering in my chest. "Y-You go ahead. I need a minute." I told him, doubling over and resting my palms against my knees. He raised a brow at me and extended his hand. I took it, and before I could blink, I was tossed over his shoulders, arms wrapped around his neck so I didn't fall.

"They're probably worried sick about you." He grumbled, watching his step so that he didn't burn himself.

"Well, I was worried about you," I answered, a light cough raking through my chest.

"Thank you." He whispered. I nodded and closed my eyes, letting the darkness consume my every nerve.

༺༻
I know it's short... but that's my intention. :) I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'll try to update again soon.

Thank you for reading, much love, and always treat people with kindness. Including yourself.

x NIRAGISJAM ✨️💛