🥥Chapter Six🥥

"Watch out!" I shout, causing Kuina to duck

"Watch out!" I shout, causing Kuina to duck. Bullets fly past her in a messy order and I run, purposely shoving the person with the gun down the stairs. I slide down the railing, jumping off near the bottom and landing on my black combat boot covered feet. I yank the gun from the man's grasp, tossing it to Kuina before grabbing the man by the head and snapping his neck.

The loud crack sounds throughout the warehouse, causing me to smirk and stand, kicking the man's head harshly before rushing back upstairs. Kuina stares at me, as if she's surprised. I shrug, gently taking the machine gun from her hands and aiming at the other man who's been trying to kill Chishiya, Kuina, and I for the past hour.

"You're crazier than I thought." She gasps as I begin shooting at the man. Blood splatters against the metal walls of the warehouse causing others to scream. I keep shooting even when he's dead, finding comfort as I watch his blood paint the walls. I stop, dropping the gun and walking over to the man. "W-What are you doing?!" She shouts, seemingly frightened from the way I took care of the men.

"Checking for clues. I'm sick and tired of whoever's running this shit." I call back, reaching the man. His blood is still pooling around him, causing a big puddle of blood to form. I'm still unfazed as I step into the pool of blood, the sticky liquid coating the soles of my boots with dark red.

I crouch down, my heels planted firmly onto the pavement. The blood is slick, so it's easy to slip and fall, but I manage to keep a good balance as I run my hands along the torso of the man's suit. It seems to be a military suit. I quickly take off the jacket after finding nothing of use in its pockets. Underneath is a walkie talkie and a slip of paper in the pocket of this shirt. I quickly take both of them.

"Hurry up! Hatter's calling us back!" Kuina shouts. I sigh, quickly searching the bottoms and not finding anythi- there's something in his boot. I take it off and shake it, a few things falling from it. I see a 9 of hearts card and another slip of paper. I grab them and rush over to my two teammates. I just call them teammates because we entered the game together and completed it together.

"He'll be thankful that I searched." I smirk, holding up the card. Chishiya gives me a barely-there-smile before draping an arm around my shoulders.

"He will. Let's just hope that whatever's going on back at the beach isn't bad." He replies as we walk along the parking lot.

"Ah finally. You're here." Hatter sighs, rushing over to us.

"What's going on?" I ask, gazing around the building. People are gossiping with each other about something I can't quite grasp.

"We have some new people. Their names are Arisu and Usagi." He states, causing me to look around again.

"Where are they?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, we're going to have a meeting in a few minutes. Glad you got back safely. Did you get the card?" He asks.

"Chishiya has the card we won, I have a 9 of hearts from one of the players." I tell him, extending him the card with both hands.

"This means we only have to find the 10 of hearts and the face cards..." Hatter trails, taking the card and staring at it with interest.

"No one's seen any of the face cards. Let alone the 10 of hearts." Kuina informs us, chewing on the stick that helps her stop smoking.

"Well I have a feeling that's about to change." He smirks, stuffing the card into his pocket. He meets my eyes, and I stare back at him fearlessly. "I have to play a game tonight. My visa ends soon and I need to build it up some more." He tells me. I give him a small smile.

"Good luck, sir." I say softly.

"I need to tell you something important." He whispers. I nod, following behind him as he brings us to a more secluded space. Once we're in the secluded space, he turns to me, eyes beaming with pride. "Nell, you've been here since the first of us. You've been here with Aguni and I since we founded the beach. I've decided that you would be fit to lead if I'm dead. Aguni will be coming with me to make sure I'm safe... but if something happens to me, Aguni and Niragi have already promised to appoint you the new leader." He tells me, causing my small smile to turn into a frown.

"Hatter..." I trail, not sure if I would know what to do without Hatter. He has a good idea going on. He might have a few bad ideas, like death to traitors and forcing people to wear swimsuits... but he also has the idea that might even bring us closer to the game master so that we can return home.

"Listen, Nell. You have to. You're the only one who can get us all out of this mess. You understand? When I'm dead, I need you to speak with Chishiya and Niragi. They're the only ones you can trust. Aguni... he's been acting weird lately. If I don't make it, I want you three to be endgame. Understand?" He says, seeming to feel more worried the longer I take to accept this.

"Are you sure I could..." I trail, unsure of whether I could lead so many people or not.

"I'm 100% sure that you're the one. You need to lead. You three working together will surely end all of this. Arisu... he's smart. You'll have to make sure... but I'm sure you can trust him. Usagi... she's good at survive. If you five could all make it, you could possibly end this madness and return everyone to their home." He tells me, grabbing my shoulders. He looks into my eyes.

The look in his eyes tells me everything I need to know.

"Okay, Hatter. I accept."

(&)
I have some ideas for the rest of the book and I think you guys are going to really enjoy them.

Thank you for everything, love yourself, and treat people with kindness. (That includes yourself)

x niragisjam ✨💛