🥥Chapter Five🥥

"Imagine

"Imagine... we get outta here and everything's going to be amazing." I sigh, leaning on Niragi's shoulder. We're sitting on the roof and I'm supposed to be training him with the gun that's been assigned to him... but so far all we've done is sit here and talk over whether or not we even want to be around each other. It's been so long since seeing him and we've both changed, the games turning us into monsters.

"I just wish that you'd allow yourself to relax and have some fun." Niragi groans, standing up and grabbing the gun. I frown, standing up as well.

"I can't, Niragi." I argue, wishing he would just understand.

"And why not?! It's not that different from our world. The only difference is that we have to play games to live." He exclaims, obviously mad at me. I press my lips into a firm line, nodding slightly in agreement.

"Why?" I pause, laughing. "Because if I don't train I die, Niragi. And if I die..." I trail, swallowing thickly. "If I die I won't be able to take care of important things if I'm able to go back."

"Important things?" He scoffs.

"Yes, Niragi. Important things." I whisper, keeping my eyes on the clouds and stars that litter the night sky.

"Let's just forget about it. 'K?" He aims at the target, easily shooting the centre. I hold my hands behind my back, examining closely.

"Mhm." I hum, an unimpressed expression written on my face as I snatch my pistol from the rooftop and slide it back into its holster before making my way toward the entrance of the building. "Goodnight." I call, done with having conversation. He looks back, rushing after me.

I ignore his calls as I make my way to the elevator, ready to go to a game. It's currently 7:00 pm and even though my visa doesn't expire for two weeks and six days, I need to do something other than sit around while the others have fun. I still haven't let him go further than kissing. Even in the shower, when I teased him about it.

I just can't. Not now. Things have changed... I've changed.

"Nell!" Niragi calls once again, running to catch up as the elevator doors begin to close. I watch as he desperately runs toward me. The doors close just as he's about to enter, causing me to bow my head to the ground.

"I don't think I can handle this much longer. I really just want him so bad, but not in this world. I can't afford to feel anything for anyone. Everyone's at risk of dying. Especially tonight. The elevator stops at the fourth floor, opening to reveal Chishiya and Kuina. Kuina raises an eyebrow at my relieved sigh and Chishiya enters behind her, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Bad day?" Chishiya asks, raising his hand to the keypad but dropping it when he sees that we're all headed to the same place.

"Yup." I reply, popping the 'p'.

"Niragi being an ass?" He asks. He shows no emotion, and I know that he doesn't care, he just doesn't want to deal with the awkward silence between Kuina and I.

"Actually... no. Shocker, right?" I laugh, focusing on the elevator doors.

"He talked to me earlier. Something about you haven't been having any fun?" He shrugs, crossing his arms.

"I-"

The elevator dings, its doors opening before we all step out. Niragi's waiting, leaning against one of the walls.

"A little advice, live while you can. Pleasure is a limited thing here. Might get it while you can." He calls back, rushing off with Kuina. I meet Niragi's eyes and snap my hood over my head.

"Just talk to me!" Niragi yells, causing me to turn back to him. Chishiya and Kuina look back, waiting for me. "I swear to god, Nell." He exclaims, causing me to sigh, turning back to them. I need outta here...

I leave with them, ignoring Niragi's demands and shouting. I need to keep away from him for now. All happiness dies eventually, and I would prefer to keep myself immune to the pain of losing people's lives. If I'm with him... everything will crumble.

Everything that I've built for myself with fall.

(&)
I'm trying to drag this out a little, but I don't know how long I can keep them apart. When she gets back, all hell's going to break loose. :) Just a fair warning.

Thank you for everything, and treat people with kindness.

x niragisjam ✨💛