🍒Chapter Eighteen🍒

I hide behind the wall that separates me from the tagger, pressing my back against it as I grip my pistol tightly

I hide behind the wall that separates me from the tagger, pressing my back against it as I grip my pistol tightly. I haven't killed anyone yet, but I have a feeling tonight that will all change. I close my eyes, focusing on the sounds of their heavy boots clunking against the cement. I grip the pistol tighter, looking around for a way I can climb to higher ground. I spot another wall of an adjacent building, its ledges seeming to be pretty easy to climb. I quickly scurry to the wall, hefting myself up onto the ledge. I then look around, spotting the tagger again. Just as the tagger spots someone, I aim the pistol at his head, pulling the trigger with a loud bang.

I sigh in relief, deciding to keep the pistol for myself, as I don't want to be caught without a weapon again. This makes me feel safe. The tagger lays on the ground, blood seeping from the horse mask. I hesitantly remove the mask, coming face-to-face with a normal 30-year-old man by the looks of things. His lifeless eyes are staring back at me and I quickly look away, guilt clawing at the back of my mind.

I hurry towards the door to the apartment that I believe should be the one with the bomb inside. Chishiya stands next to it, hands in his pockets as per usual. The one time Chishiya and I play together. Nell chose to keep watch over Mira tonight, questioning her with Ann beside her. Of course, they have her tied up to a chair so that she can't do anything.

"You had the same idea, then," Chishiya says, pushing himself off of the wall. Now standing before the door, he turns around, fingers wrapping around the cold metal knob.

"Wait." I call, narrowing my eyes in suspicion.

"What now, dog?"

"I'm being cautious, you annoying cat." I reply, sending a sharp glare his way. "Are we sure there's only one tagger? Remember when we played hide-and-seek... there were two people who were searching for everyone that hid. What's to say this time is different?"

"You've got a point..."

"I'll do it!" A boy calls, his hair shaggy and quite the mess. He wears a baggy t-shirt with an ugly pair of shorts. Sandals are all that keep his feet from touching the ground. I cross my arms.

"Have at it then," I smirk, gripping Chishiya's wrist and tugging him away from the door. I drape an arm over his shoulder, eyeing the boy. "Name?" I want to know who he is so that if he completes the game I'll have someone to request into the Beach.

"Arisu. Yours?"

"Niragi," I answer, swiping my bottom lip with my tongue.