🖤Chapter Seventeen🖤

I look up from reading the magazine that had been sitting on the table when I arrived, meeting the gaze of none other than Aguni

I look up from reading the magazine that had been sitting on the table when I arrived, meeting the gaze of none other than Aguni. I raise an eyebrow and scoff, focusing back on the advice column. He's been watching over me constantly, and when he isn't Chishiya usually takes over. I know Nell's on to me. She knows that I run the games. So how am I going to keep everything going if they have me trapped here at the their little headquarters? Maybe I should knock Chishiya out whenever he takes shift. Aguni may be strong... but I haven't seen Chishiya do anything worth looking out for yet.

(Careful, Mira... he knows how to make a flamethrower from a squirt gun...👀)

"Aguni!" Ann calls, causing me to smirk from behind the magazine.

"What is it?" His gaze doesn't leave me. Even for a second. Dammit.

"I need you to come and take a look at something!" Ann's voice chimes through the lobby again. Aguni keeps his stare on me. This man is relentless!

"What do you need? I'm on strict orders!" He calls. Go on, big man... go to Ann. Let me escape and I might spare you.

"Oh, that's right. I'll ask Niragi to take over while you come and help me." She says, exiting the lobby. I huff, crossing my legs as I gaze back toward the magazine between my fingers.

I don't know how much longer I can hold out without the people working for me taking over. My position is very fragile, and one wrong move or too much time way will allow everything I've built for myself to crumble. I must return to the headquarters. The true headquarters.

"Niragi might just kill her when he gets the chance..." Aguni trails, staring into my forehead. I try to keep my rage from showing on the outside, concealing just how mad I am.

"Good, then we won't have to deal with her anymore. She gets on my nerves." She calls, before finally leaving line of sight.

"Aguni... why are you doing this? I'm trying to help, but I can't really do that without any free movement, now can I?" I try to persuade, closing the magazine and crossing my arms. I stare directly into his eyes.

"We don't need your help." He replies coldly. I sigh, trying to come up with something else. "You aren't getting out of this one, Mira."

"Fine. You'll see soon enough that I'm not the game master." I smirk.

"How did you know of our suspicion?" He narrows his eyes.

It's then that I realise that they haven't told me of their suspicions.

Fuck.