🥥Thirty-Three🥥

"So what's going on with Mira?" I ask, taking a seat at the bar beside him

"She's been saying that she wants to speak with you. She has an offer." He says, eyes filled with worry. He rarely gets worried.

"Did she tell you what that offer was?" I take a sip of the water I brought with me.

"No. She said it's something between you two." He sighs, peering down at his glass of some sort of alcohol. He scrunches his nose in disgust and slides the glass away from himself.

"Then where is she?"

"She's still locked up. She isn't allowed to roam the area. I'm sorry, Nell. But I can't trust that she won't either escape without you, or ruin everyone's plan." He says. I nod.

"I wholeheartedly agree, Chishiya." I pause, taking a sip of the alcohol from his glass. After I slide it back to him, I smile. "And that's why I have to leave with her."

He shakes his head, disbelief written on his face as he watches me with intensity. "Nell, this isn't just about you. It's about everyone here. You can't just run off–you're their leader. After Hatter died you've been the only person to keep everyone from killing each other over small matters." He scoffs, upset by my words somehow. I raise a brow.

"You do know that by my leaving, you or Niragi could snag the spot for yourself... right?" I smile. "Just let loose a little. I'll be in contact."

"I don't like this, Nell. I don't want you to leave us." He frowns.

"I know."

🥥

"Ah, you've come back. So how much progress have you made? Am I allowed to move out of this chair yet?" Mira smirks at me, eyes dark and filled with a psychotic fog. I give her a smile.

"I'm working on it... but the others need convincing. I've been speaking with Niragi. He sounds like the perfect person to take with us. He could be loyal." I tell her, hoping to win her favor for Niragi. If I have to leave without him... I might just die inside.

"He's the crazy one, isn't he? The one who carries that gun around." She smirks.

"Yes."

"He seems good enough. Win him over, and I'll allow him to leave with us." She says, lacing her hands together. She then sighs in annoyance. "And would you please ask them to unbound my hands? It's very uncomfortable." I can see the red rings around her wrist. Burns from the rough texture of the rope Aguni used when he tied her up.

Aguni...

"There are a few others that I would like you to consider." I tell her, shoving my hands into my pockets as I pace around the very bland room.

"Pray tell." She tilts her head, listening to what I have to say.

"The first is Chishiya. He's clever. Might be able to help you with planning new and better game arenas." I watch her closely, taking note of her calculating gaze. "Aguni, because he's strong and would suit well for a bodyguard. You're going to need one if you wish to make this Borderland as big as you're planning." Her lips tug upward into a sinister smile. "Last Boss–or if you wish for his other name, Takatora. He carries himself well, he's good with a sword, and could serve as a bounty collector."

She furrows her eyebrows. "Why would I need-"

"I've been thinking. It would be more fun if there were layers to different punishments for not playing in a game, or leaving the arena grounds. There could be bounties for them. If they're caught, game over and you use the lasers.

But if they survive... send some of your little hunters after them and watch the scenes unfold. When you've had enough, you could send them into the arena and have them work for you. Much more simple, everyone wins. Especially you. That's where Taka would come in. He could hunt them down when you're done with them and send them to the arena of your choosing." At this point, I'm talking out of my ass. I just want to make sure that I have a back up plan in case we can't take her down.

If you can't beat them, join them. Survival isn't easy.

(&)
I'm sorry that I haven't written much lately. I'm turning 17 February 7th so I've been trying to get my sh*t together and really work on self-care.

It's hard when you're an anxious and depressed bish who can't focus on something for too long without getting antsy or agitated. 🧍‍♀️ Halp.

Anyway, how's everyone doing? Livin' life? Happy New Year btw. Hope this year's great. I hope everyone here gets the success and happiness they wish for. ✨

I think the next chapter is going to be nice and cute because I'm feeling stressy-depressy-lemon-zesty.

x niragisjam ✨💛