🍒Twenty-Nine🍒

I enter Seaside Paradise Tokyo, Nell asleep on my shoulders

I enter Seaside Paradise Tokyo, Nell asleep on my shoulders. I keep my smile to myself, not allowing it to show. It's an inner smile. One that not many people in my life get to experience. I hope to always make Nell happy... though I know there will be times I break her heart. I want to try though. For her. Since meeting her that day at the school... something in me changed. I didn't see anyone else attractive as I did her. I didn't see anyone else as anything more than a good friend.

"How did the game go?" Aguni asks. Shit. Aguni. I forgot that we had to take our shift at 10:00. And it's currently... 9:45. Fuck.

"It went great," I answer softly, careful not to wake Nell up.

"Is Nell tired?" He asks. Isn't it obvious? I press my lips together in a firm line, my annoyance clear.

"Yeah. She twisted her ankle during the game." I inform him.

"What game was it?" What's with all these stupid questions? I have a girl to be worrying about!

"8 of Spades," I say slowly, trying to keep my anger under wraps. If Nell sees me being rude... she wouldn't like that. Though... she did tell me to be myself. And naturally, I'm not that nice of a guy.

"Name?"

"None of your business." I hiss, hearing Chishiya's light footsteps from behind me.

"Ah, the dog's back." He says, his smirk prominent in his voice.

"Shut it, cat. Where's Ann? And aren't you guys supposed to be watching Mira?" I growl, losing the thin veil of patience I had left.

"Puh, Mira's sleeping. And Ann is sitting in the room we have Mira locked in. Probably fixing up the wounds she got from our interrogation earlier." Chishiya says, crossing his arms.

"What's wrong with the boss?" Usagi asks, flicking her eyes to Nell's sleeping figure on my shoulder. When the fuck did she get here? Nell begins to yawn and wiggle, causing me to lose my grip. Chishiya catches her and stands her upright. I glare at him, brushing his hands off of her as I replace his hold with my own.

"Twisted ankle." I snap, peering into Nell's tired eyes. She yawns.

"Are we back yet?" She asks, her voice barely above a whisper as she begins to examine her surroundings.

"Yes, Nell. We're back." I tell her in the softest voice I can manage. She smiles warmly at me.

"Good. Now, where's Mira? I want to ask her something in private." She asks, rubbing the tiredness from her eyes.

"Alright, let's go then. I'll lead you there." I tell her. She nods, grasping my hand in her own and rubbing her thumb against my palm.

Why is that the most soothing thing I have ever felt?

🍒

"Heyyyy Mira." Nell grins, plopping down in a chair that's way too close to her for comfort.

"Oh no. What do you want now? You annoying little girl." Mira seethes, rubbing her temples as she glares at the floor.

"I just wanna ask something." She pouts, causing Mira to look at me.

"I don't know. She just woke up. She's acting kinda drunk." I shrug. I really hope she's just acting this way...

"Hey. I told you I want a private discussion." Nell frowns, sending me a harsh glare. Is she drunk? Did I miss something on the way back?

"Fine, Fine. I'll be just outside the door if you need me." I tell her, hesitantly exiting the room.

Why do I feel so nervous...