Heartache

*Trigger warning*

*Ashton's POV*

The rest of the day, Rowan wouldn't even look in my direction. I was starting to feel bad, but then I remembered what Lindsay told me. It didn't even seem like her. She was on the verge of tears all day. Everybody in our group was caught up on what happened when Rowan left to go pay for her lunch. Michael tried to comfort her, but it just made it worse.

I was sat on the couch at home, wondering what I should do. I figured that I should just go ahead and call her and break up and get it over with. I took my phone off the charger and stepped outside and sat on the porch swing. I dialed her number from memory and held the phone up to my ear, waiting for her to pick up. I wanted to hear her voice one last time.

The phone call went straight to her voicemail. 'Hey! You've reached my voicemail! Please leave a message and I'll try to call you back!' Her voice said. She sounded so sweet. I groaned and tried five more times. I knew if I called her enough she would give in and answer.

After seven calls, she finally picked up. "Rowan." I said quickly. "What?" She choked. "We need to talk about this." I told her. There was a pause. "you have ten minutes"

"Rowan, I'm breaking up with you." I said. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. "Why!" She cried. I could hear her starting to cry. "Lindsay told me what happened between you and Brian, and I think it's best that we keep our distance after that." I explained. "Ashton, that wasn't what it looked like!" She argued.

"Then what was it?" I asked, starting to get frustrated. "He wanted to... you know. And I told him no but he wouldn't leave me alone." "I want to believe you Rowan. I really do, but I just can't." "What about you?! You were the one who was kissing Kirstie! Explain that!" She yelled.

"It was to make you jealous." I confessed. "Why!!!!!!" She yelled even louder. "Because of what you did with Brian!" I yelled back. "I didn't do anything!" She shouted. "Yeah but you were going to! Just forget it, Rowan! It's over!" I shouted back. I hung up and got in my car. I yelled at the top of my lungs out of anger and frustration. I started the car so I could just take a drive.

*Rowan's POV*

"It's over!" he barked. He hung up. I chucked my phone across the hall and slammed my door. I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it before I started crying. "I was telling him the truth and he didn't believe me. So what? I didn't need him! I kept trying to convince myself it wasn't a big deal, but it was. We had gone through so much together.

I heard a knock on the door. "Rowan are you alright?" I heard my mom ask. "Go away!" I screamed. The tears poured out more and more. I couldn't help but think that this was all my fault. Me and Ash could be happy and maybe even kissing or hanging out if I didn't try to make him jealous.

I stormed into my bathroom and searched my cabinets for a razor blade. I had never cut before, but I just couldn't take it. I broke the razor and took the small blade in my hand before I made a fresh slice across my wrist. It hurt like nuts, but it made me feel better in a way. I cut again, and then one more time. The blood was pouring down my arm and I continued to bawl my eyes out.

*Ashton's POV*

As I was driving, my phone rang. A picture of Rowan on the night we did graffiti was on my screen, along with her contact name. I was honestly surprised she was calling. However when I answered, it wasn't her voice. It was her mom's voice. "Is this Ashton?" She asked. "yes ma'am." I answered. "Rowan is in her room crying and nobody knows why and her father is out of town so I was thinking maybe she would calm down a little bit if you were with her."

I knew I couldn't say know. It hurt me because I was the reason she was crying. "I'll be right over" I told her. I turned around and headed towards her house.

A/N- all I have to say is please please please check out my YouTube