Let go

*Rowan's POV* 

​There was a loud bang on my door. I ignored it and continued to braid my hair in a side braid. There was the bang again. "WHAT!" I yelled through the wall. "HURRY UP WE'RE GOING TO THE MOVIES!!!!" The voice shouted. That was obviously Luke. "I'm coming, I'm coming!"​​ I shouted back. 

​​​​​I put a hair tie in my hair and laced up my converse and ran out my door and down the stairs. I grabbed my wallet off of the table and ran into the car. Calum was driving this time, and Michael sat in the passenger seat. Once again, I was stuck in the middle seat, feeling rather squished today. 

​"Hi" Ashton said with a smile. "Hi" I replied, feeling a little nervous around him. I turned over and looked at Luke. "Hello!" He said happily. "HI!" Michael yelled from the front seat. "I wasn't talking to you" He snapped jokingly. "Shut up" Michael said back, before turning on the radio.

​​​​​ "All About That Bass" was playing and of course, I loved the song. "Oh turn it up this is my jam!" I screamed. Groans were scattered throughout the car. "How are you not tired of this song yet?" Ashton asked. "I like it! It speaks to me!" I said, referring to the line 'every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top'. I was aware that I was a little skinny and I was working on gaining a few pounds. I was very insecure about it.

​"Girl you ain't fat! You're nothing but skin and bones! Eat some cake!" Ashton said with a huff. That wasn't very nice. I looked away from him and turned to face Luke, who knew about my insecurities. "Shush yourself, Ashton" He said, giving me a look of sympathy. Ashton rolled his eyes and looked out the window. #Awkward.

​"So what movie did we decide to go see?" I asked, trying to break the tension as the next song came on. ​​​​​​​​"We're gonna go see 50 Shades" Michael said. "You've got to be joking." I said, not liking the sound of that at all.  I hated movies like that. "Nah I'm kidding." Micahel said, to my relief. "No, we're gonna go see American Sniper" Calum said excitedly. "Okay then" I said, unaware of what that movie was. 

​We all got out of the car and went into the movie theater. Michael and Calum got the tickets while Ashton, Luke, and I got in line to get snacks. Michael and Calum joined us in line after they bought the tickets. I got a Coke and some popcorn, as did Luke. Ashton got himself candy and an ICEE while Michael and Calum got themselves deluxe nachos and XXL sodas. Not a surprise. 

​​​​​After we got our food, we went into theater 12. The previews were already playing, so we quickly took our seats in the very back row. "I still think it would've been funny if we sat next to random strangers." Michael stated as he took his seat. Ashton sat on the end, and I sat next to him. Luke quickly took the seat on the other side of me. I knew he was going to be watching us the entire time, like an overprotective father. I sighed as the movie came on.

​My heart skipped a beat as Ashton put his arm around me. Something about it didn't feel right. "Ashton, please stop. You're making me uncomfortable." I stated. He looked at me funny before taking his arm off of me and going back to his candy. Luke's attention turned back to the screen. Every now and then, he would look back at us to make sure that Ashton was keeping his hands to himself. 

​​​​​Once the movie ended, we went back to the summer house and ordered a pizza and goofed off until late night. One by one, we all retreated ​​​​​​​​to our bedrooms for the night. As I walked down the hall to my room, Ashton poked his head out of his door.

"Rowan, what the heck?" He said. "I thought you weren't mad at me anymore. I thought we made up? Or was pouring my hear and soul out to you not enough?"  He said sternly. "I'm sorry Ash...ton. It just didn't feel right. Maybe we're moving too fast let's slow it down a notch, 'kay?" I said to him. 

​He approached me and grabbed my waist, pulling me into his chest. I could feel his abs, and hear his heartbeat. "Please Rowan! Don't you see that I'm begging you? You said you loved me, so why don't you be a little more open, huh?" He said. 

​​​​​I tried to squirm out of his grasp but it was useless. "Ashton, I..." I didn't know what to say. I did tell him I loved him, didn't I. "Luke is going to see us" I said, hoping that would make ​​​​him let go of me. "Stop being so stubborn, Rowan. I know you want me." "I'm not comfortable doing this, please let go."

If he let go, then I would give him a chance. If he didn't let go, I would have no other choice but to call for Luke. He frowned and let go of me. "Maybe we can try for a date sometime this week?" I offered. He turned around and smiled. "Friday at eight?" "I'll be there" I said nervously. 

​​​​​​​​​