"Just buy everything you need to start a band," Quil then said.

Embry shook his head as Jacob and Quil went back and forth, listing out a rather large amount of instruments that Embry should buy, just to have an excuse to go into the shop and talk to her again. First of all, he wasn't that desperate. And he didn't have the money to make that many purchases. He probably shouldn't have bought the guitar, now that he thought about it.

But he had wanted to see her again. Talk to her. And Embry swore that at least for a bit, she had been happy to see him too. Or well, she hadn't seemed afraid at least. Definitely a bit on the cautious side.

Was Freja always like that, or was it just him? And why did she seem attached to the guitar? Maybe that's just how she was with instruments. Treating them with reverence. Embry had to admit that whenever he was at home, he was constantly drawn to it. Either just studying it or occasionally he would pick it up and strum it a few times.

Maybe she was a musician. She had to be. Embry remembered hearing her play the piano, how good she was. Could she play guitar too? How many instruments could Freja play?

A million and a half questions about the mysterious young woman swirled around in Embry's head. It had been like this since the day he imprinted on her.

"That's it," Jacob said with a grin, pulling Embry out the near-constant vortex of questions in his mind. He looked over at his best friend. "We start a band called The Wolf Pack and then write a kick-ass ballad. We all go over and play it outside the shop. There's no way she won't fall for you."

"It's perfect," Quil added.

Embry came to a stop, giving both of them an incredulous look. Even though he knew they were joking, both looked pleased with themselves.

"How did I get stuck with idiots for best friends?" he asked as he started walking again.

"It's not that bad an idea," Quil pushed.

"What? So you're going to learn how to play the bass? And sing?" Embry asked, shooting him a smirk.

"No, I'm drums. 'Cause I got rhythm," Quil replied. Jacob snorted.

"Right," he said. "I call bass."

Embry just shook his head as they kept walking. They were starting to get into rockier terrain with the beach cutting off, though there was a trail that led up towards the cliffs. While the packs had spent enough time there in years past, jumping from the highest cliff, they had mostly left it to younger guys on the reservation now. Embry was slightly surprised to see that none of them were out, considering it was a rather warm and nice Saturday.

As his eyes traveled up, he felt his heart falter slightly when he saw a shock of white blonde hair. Blinking a few times, he looked away and then back, making sure it wasn't wishful thinking.

Sure enough, perched on a rock at the top of the cliff with her legs dangling over was none other than Freja. It was as if Fate was trying to help him out a bit.

"What's gotten into you?" Quil asked, though Embry ignored him.

"Wait... is that her?" Jacob asked.

"Yea... it's Freja. What is she doing all the way out here?" Embry wondered out loud.

"Well, let's go ask her," Quil said, already starting towards the trail.

"No... wait!" Embry shouted. Quil and Jacob stopped, turning to him.

"Not scared, are you?" Quil asked, a daring grin on his face.

Embry frowned at him, then looked back up at Freja. Already he could feel his body yearning to go up the trail. To be closer to her. But he wasn't exactly sure he wanted to include his friends in this. He had just found her and was still trying to figure things out as it was. Jacob and Quil would only embarrass him. Or make things worse.