XV (I) - SHOUTOUT TO MY NIGGAS WITH ESCAPE PLANS

VANESSA's MOODLIST
Praise The Lord (Da Shine) - A$AP Rocky featuring Skepta
Pour it Up - Rihanna
Mal à Dit - Shannon
Tina Snow Interlude - Megan Thee Stallion
Miami - Kali Uchis featuring BIA
Small Reminders -  Tinashe

VANESSA's MOODLISTPraise The Lord (Da Shine) - A$AP Rocky featuring Skepta Pour it Up - RihannaMal à Dit - ShannonTina Snow Interlude - Megan Thee StallionMiami - Kali Uchis featuring BIASmall Reminders -  Tinashe

There's something about when Rihanna sang about money. The way her accent wrapped itself around the word.

It was so possessive.

It was as if she was a snake charmer, singing her song to will every note of any currency to come to her. And they did.

Clearly, they were a match made in heaven. She was a very rich bitch now. A humble little girl from Barbados, who was forced to live out her redemption song in the view of everyone who consumed pop culture. When the men in her life failed her, she turned her eye to her bag. And never looked back.

On "Nothing is Promised" she said "I'm in love with the cash, I put that on my mama and father".

She also professed "I'mma never put a nigga above this money." Words to live by if you listened to the goddess Rih.

On "Bitch Better Have My Money" the grit in her voice when she adlibbed her way into the track told you everything you needed to know.

"Pour It Up" was my favourite. She washed Juicy J's attempt on the strip club anthem beat. His was good, hers was phenomenal, though. The song itself was simple, she wasn't saying anything ground breaking. It was the way that every other line was a mantra. A reminder. "And I still got my money."

I wanted to be like that.

No matter what, I was gon' have my money.

Mine.

All I see is signs, all I see is dollar signs.

Money on my mind. Money, money on my mind.

Which is why I planned to leave everything Angelo ever gave me behind. I needed to start again, and to prove to everyone and myself that I was capable.

They could never recreate me, but I could recreate my success.

I knew it could. Now I had to prove it.