41. Finally awake

Katherine's pov

"Girls, Toni is awake!" Damiano storms in. I quickly stand up and start running towards his room. As I'm running out I hear Lydia say,

"I'll keep it safe" She shouts, obviously talking about the test but that doesn't matter now. All that matters, is that Toni is awake.

I get to his room and I open the door. He turns his head towards me and I smile.

"Thank God, you are alright!" I let out a sigh of relief as I run to him, hugging him.

"Did you really think I'd leave you? I promised you a lifetime of misery" He says, wrapping his arms around me tight.

"How long are you awake?" I ask him, breaking the hug but still holding his hand, as I sit on the chair, next to his bed.

"About ten minutes or so! Why were you not here?" He asks, with a hint of pain on his voice and I sigh.

"I wanted to, I didn't want to leave your side, but the doctors said that it is best for me to stay away from the room" I say and he looks at me.

"I don't care what they are saying! All I want is for you to be next to me" He says and I nod, smiling.

"I'll never leave you!" I say and I kiss him. Oh, how I missed his lips.

"Most of the time you are the one on the hospital bed! Now it's time for you to find out what I went through" He says.

"I didn't know that you were in so much pain when I was on a hospital bed" I say and I look down, at our hands.

"I thought that I'd lose you! That I lost you! The pain I felt those days you were unconscious, I-I have never felt it before. I love you so much!" I say and I feel a tear fall from my eyes.

"No, don't cry, bella! You know I hate seeing you cry" He says and wipes my tear away, only for another to take its place. He quickly wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.

"I love you more than anything" He whispers and I nod. I hear the door open and I wipe my tears away.

"It's good to see you awake Toni" I hear Damiano say and I hear a girl scream.

"Thank God you're okay brother! I wouldn't know who to annoy without you around" Tori says and I break the hug, so she can hug her brother.

"It's not my time yet, sis" He says and breaks the hug.

"It's good to have you back buddy" Damiano says and walks towards me, placing his hand on my shoulder

"You must know that you scared us all" Damiano says and walks towards me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"And some of us more than others" He says.

"You really made your girl worry. She hasn't eaten in-" I punch his stomach, shutting him. Toni looks at me, with a look that could kill and sits up a little.

"In how long have you not eaten?" He asks me and I look around the room, rubbing the back of my head.

"Go get her some food!" He tells Tori and Damiano and they leave. I move to stand up but he holds my hands, keeping me in place.

"Where do you think you are going?" He asks me.

"Toni I-"

"Ti ho chiesto una cosa, Katherine! Rispondetemi!" {I asked you something, Katherine} He shouts at me and I know he's angry, since he shouts in Italian.

"D made me eat a little the other day" I say.

"When was the last time before that?" He asks me and I hesitate to look at him.