10. Wake up Katherine

Antonio's pov

We arrived in Italy 2 days ago. Katherine is still unconscious but we have her at the hospital wing of my mansion. Derek, Lydia and Tori have been visiting her but left after a while. Me, on the other hand, I stayed with her. Never left her side. Damiano has been bringing me food and I have barely slept.

"Hey" Damiano walks in with food.

"Hey" I tell him. He hands me the food but I shake my head, shoving it away.

"Toni, you need to eat" He tells me.

"No! She needs to wake up!" I yell.

"Toni, Tori is worried about you. And so am I"

"I am Antonio Giovanni, you shouldn't be worried about me! You should be worried about her" I shout, pointing at Katherine on the hospital bed.

"We are worried about her, mate. But the doctors said that there is nothing they can do. She's in coma and she will wake up eventually. Besides, take a look at this" Damiano tells me and I look at the monitor.

"Her heartbeat is stable, so is her breathing. She's okay" He tells me.

"I don't care, I'm not leaving her side" I tell him.

"I never said that, I just said that you should eat. I would never take you away from your soulmate"

"What?" I ask him laughing.

"Come on dude, you can't deny that she's your soulmate. You've never cared about anyone like that before, except for you sister. You like her mate, stop questioning that" Damiano tells me.

"I'm starting to think that you are right" I tell him, looking at Katherine.

"I'm always right" He tells me, laughing but I shoot him a glare and he immediately stops.

"Sorry" He whispers.

"You can go back to your work" I tell him.

"Yes, Toni" He says, bowing his head in respect towards me before walking out. I sigh and I hold Katherine's hand.

"What is going to happen if I do love you?" I ask her.

"People say that love makes you weak. Love can crash you down and destroy you to the ground. Is that true? Others say that love makes you stronger than ever before. I sincerely don't know, but I think I'm going to find out soon. If I haven't already " I mumbled the last part. Suddenly, I felt a finger moved.

"Katherine?" I ask and I glance at her.

"If you can hear me, move your finger" I say and I look at her fingers. Then, it moved again.

"Now, try opening your eyes" I tell her. I see her eyelashes starting moving upside down, until she opened her eyes.

                           Katherine's pov

There is nothing but darkness. I try to open my eyes but it was no use.

"Katerina" Only one person calls me that. I turn around.

"Mom?" I ask, not believing what I was seeing.

"Hello honey" She tells me and I hug her.

"How are you here right now?" I ask her with a smile on my face, but it soon faded away when I realized.

"Am I dead?" I ask, scared of the answer my mother is going to give me.

"Not yet, sweety. You are in a coma" She tells me and then it hit me.