17. Ignorance

Katherine's pov

It's the next day and I head to see Tori. Toni and I haven't talked about the kiss at all and I cannot help but think that he regretted it. I got to her room and open the door. I close it behind me and walk closer to her, sitting down next to her. I take her hand and at that point, the door opens, revealing Derek.

"Hey, how is she?" He asks me.

"Unconscious but stable" I tell him.

"She can hear you if you say something though, do you want to talk to her?" I ask and he is hesitant.

"I will step out of the room if you want" I say and he nods, making me laugh.

"Ok there big brother, talk to her" I say and step out of the room, walking towards the basement. I open the door of her cell, but Natasha is not there. I walk towards the guard.

"Where is Natasha?" I ask him.

"Mr Giovanni took her to his office to talk" He tells me and I nod, walking towards Toni's office. I get there and knock on the door.

"Come in" He says and I open the door, seeing him and Natasha inside.

"Oh Katherine, I was going to call you. Natasha will not be staying in her cell because she revealed to us Leonardo but I want her to have someone with her 24/7. Since you two have talked already, I assume you two are on talking terms, so I want you to stay with her all the time" He tells me, trying to avoid eye contact as Natasha looks at me.

"Why me?" I ask.

"Except of what I told you, none of my people will be willing to trust Natasha that easily and believe that she will indeed help us end Dimitri. Who by the way is her boyfriend" He tells me and I nod.

"Correction, ex boyfriend. He left me here to rot and sent someone to kill me" She says, angry as she remembered what Dimitri did to her.

"Anyways, Katherine take her away and do whatever you want to do. Her room is next to yours" He says, never making eye contact.

"Yes, Toni" I say and motion to Natasha to follow me. We walk all the way to her room and walk inside.

"So, I know it's none of my business, but what was that?" She asks, smirking.

"What was what?" I ask her, sitting on her bed.

"Please, as long as we were in the office the tension was so thick, you could cut it off with a knife" She says walking next to me. I look at her and sigh.

"I don't know. Toni has been giving me clues that he likes me. And don't get me wrong, I like him too. The thing is that yesterday he kissed me and we haven't talked about it. He couldn't even look at me back there. He probably regretted it or he never wanted it in the first place and I just didn't see the flags" I tell her and she grabs my hand.

"I have met many leaders in my life. Dimitri, Nikolas, but the last time I saw someone looking, protecting and taking care of someone like that, maybe even love, was with Roberto, Antonio's father. The way Roberto was looking at Bianca whenever she was entering the room was the way I wanted Dimitri to look at me. At least once but now I realize that he never did because he has no heart to love. But Antonio, Antonio is just broken. The way Antonio protected you whenever you fought together was absolutely incredible. Don't you ever deny the love he has for you, мой дорогой" {My dear} She tells me and I smile.

"You think?" I ask her.

"I know" She says.

"Katherine!" I hear my brother yelling my name on the corridor. I look over at Natasha before walking out of the room.