24. Zombie

Kayla

"Rosa calm down, we have plenty of time to enjoy all the rides." Jacob chuckles rubbing his thumb on my inner wrist, then adds as an afterthought. "Also the candy floss, pretzels and hot dogs like I promised."

He knows me too well.

We arrived at the carnival on time and currently we were waiting for Max and her new girlfriend. Lenny and James were standing in the line for entry tickets. Lenny said Max wanted all of us to meet her girlfriend together and this carnival was his idea. But they were late and I convinced Jacob to go inside as soon as I got my hands on the tickets. He was all too happy to agree with me.

"Your wish is my command, My Lady. But are you sure it's a good idea to abandon your friends when they invited you in the first place?" Jacob asked skeptically, raising his eyebrows. Damn him and his good manners.

"When it comes to a carnival and sweet treats, I am a lone wolf. My friends know it. You should feel lucky I am choosing you as my companion. Very few get this chance." I say, flipping my hair.

"I will be honored, Rosa." Jacob huskily says coming near me. His eyes were gazing at me with a tender emotion. I can handle the playful Jacob but when this Jacob comes with his eyes full of unadulterated emotions and his husky voice, I am a puddle at his feet. I don't know how to handle him or myself. It's overwhelming and exciting.

"I hate to break this moment between you two lovebirds but we need to hurry up." Lenny announces, handing us the tickets. "Max called, they can't join us today, he got called in for his work. So it's just us four."

It's been more than five hours of hopping continuously on different rides and munching on all the food and candies this carnival can offer. The entire place was starting to light up with colorful light and music blaring in the background. It was magic and I was enjoying every second of it with my closest friends. Jacob was grumbling a little initially but soon he too got tangled up in all the crazy excitement.

"You are a bad influence on me, Rosa." Jacob whispers holding me against him by circling his arm around my neck. It was heavy but felt great, like it belonged there.

"So there's only two things left, one is the scary house and the other is Faris' wheel." Lenny tells us lacing her hand through James's.

"Let's go to the scary house first then we can enjoy the city lights from Faris wheel with our girls." James says suggestively, holding lenny closer to his side. They are so cute and I am relieved that it's not at all awkward for us considering our past. Confirming further we really had nothing to begin with.

"That sounds like an amazing plan." Jacob says, rubbing his hand on my shoulders. I don't know why but his tone made me blush. Does he really consider me as his girl, if not then why didn't he correct James about us.

Also why didn't I correct James or Lenny throughout the carnival when they were making remarks about our relationship. I should have said something but I didn't. Why?

"Let's go in pairs, it will be more fun." Lenny said and took James with him, not giving us any other choice. I was a little reluctant to go inside.

"Come on little kitten, I will protect you from the ghost." Jacob says amusingly. He must have seen my not so excited face. I rolled my eyes at him but nonetheless followed him inside the dark alley.

"I am not scared of them," I lied, hoping he wouldn't catch my lie. But we both knew that I was a terrible liar.

"We will see." Jacob replies, it was too dark for me to see his expression but I knew he was enjoying this and was hoping I would come running towards him at the first sign of a ghost. He might not have to wait much longer.