"How do you manage a man and a band? It seems like so much work!" one of them asked me. 

"Oh well, I'm actually newly single. But it wasn't that hard. Communication is key" I said to them. Their faces dropped when I said I was single. They began apologizing to me but I told them it was alright.

"We weren't very serious anyway" I said taking a sip from my drink.

"I'm sure it'll make tonight's performance one to never forget!" one girl yelled at me excitedly. I smiled at that. "Yeah, tonight's going to be killer."

I had to excuse myself to the backstage area, but not before giving the girls some Bliss merch. In that moment I felt like Bliss was really going to be something. Something grand. 

"Hey guys!" I said to the rest of Bliss. Everyone gave me sympathetic smiles and I rolled my eyes at them playfully. "Did you bring the clothes I wanted?" I asked River. They nodded their head and handed me a bag. I smiled at them and thanked them.

"I'm going to go get changed. I'll meet you guys on side stage in a few minutes, okay? Tonight's going to rock!" I yelled at them before leaving to get changed. 

I walked out in a black slip dress with distressed tights underneath

I walked out in a black slip dress with distressed tights underneath. A jacket over my shoulders and chunky heels on my feet completed the outfit. I determined tonight I was going to be sexy, I was going to make this performance memorable. 

I walked into the side stage area to be met with Bliss and Soundgarden. Chris wouldn't look in my direction, but that didn't stop others from admiring me. I laughed at the compliments and shushed everyone. 

"Soundgarden, could I ask a favor?" I asked them. They looked at me curiously and waited for my request.

"I want to perform a Soundgarden song tonight if that's alright. We can do it during the switch. I'll let you guys know the song when it happens, okay?" I asked. Everyone except Chris nodded their heads yes. 

"Awesome! Let's go out there and rock!" I yelled to my band. We high-fived and went out on stage. The crowd was bigger than I expected but I was happy it was big. I couldn't see Eddie or Beck, but I knew they were there. I saw the two girls from earlier in the front row and gave them a wave. 

"Hello Seattle! How the hell is everyone?!" The crowd roared at my words. I chuckled at it. I couldn't have been happier in this moment. 

"This is a new song called Celebrity Skin!"

The crowd seemed to love the song. I danced and jumped and sang my heart out. After the song was over I took off the jacket. I turned to the crowd and saw Beck and Eddie. I smiled at them but it was more of a menacing smile. I knew what I had to do in that moment. 

I started the song the same I always did, and everyone noticed what was going to happen next.

"This next song goes out to a special someone. I won't say their name, but they're DEFINITELY here. You know this is for you!"

The crowd went wild during the song and I avoided Beck's eyes the whole time. 

"Don't call me Emmy, or what?!" The crowd yelled. "I can't hear you!" I taunted. "Don't call me Emmy or I'll fuck your boyfriend!" I yelled harder than I ever had. I smiled out at the crowd as I tried to catch my breath. I looked over at Beck to see her pale expressionless face. I smiled to myself. I hope she felt like shit.

"Okay everyone, thank you so much for coming out tonight. Next up is Soundgarden! I'm actually going to sing a song with them before Cornell comes out." The crowd cheered again. 

The boys ran out and I hugged them as they came out. "Okay everyone, this song is about raunchy, meaningless sex with someone you don't really love. Someone you're just looking to fuck. This is Big Dumb Sex!"

The music started up and I gave it my all. I wasn't holding anything back, hoping to make Beck mad and Chris jealous. 

"I'm gonna fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck you!" I finished the song and dropped the microphone on the stage. I waved to the crowd and exited the stage. I didn't look at Chris as he walked by to the stage. It felt strange leaving the stage and not being met by his arms. But in this moment, I couldn't worry about that.

River gave me a hug as I walked up to them. "Thanks Rivs, I think I might've collapsed if you didn't hold onto me" I said with a laugh. "I really gave it my all out there. I think I need some water." We began walking to the bar to sit and watch Soundgarden. As soon as I sat and asked for a water I heard what I was really dreading to hear.

"Oh my gosh! Emmy!"