Chapter 2: Music

(Autobot base; Pandora's POV)

    I wasn't expecting the base to be..larger. I thought it would be small but I guess I was wrong. As I arrived there, I saw an Autobot that was white and orange.

    "Ratchet, this is Pandora. She's the one who was in the escape pod. Pandora, this is Ratchet, the Autobot medic.", Optimus introduced me to the medic. The Autobot, Ratchet, scanned me for injuries. Surprisingly, there were none. "Wow, you have no injuries, Pandora!", Ratchet exclaimed.

    "I have a lot of questions to ask you, Pandora.", Arcee said. "Yeah I was wondering too." Bulkhead replied. Bumblebee agreed by asking in a bunch of beeps, boops, and whirls. "Isn't it time for the three of you to go pick up the kids?", the Autobot medic said. Wait. Kids? There are sparklings here?

    "K-Kids?", I asked out. Optimus replied, "We have three human allies that help us on any command we give them. However at the same time, we keep them safe since they are children and they are vulnerable to danger." Wait, what's a human? "W-What's a h-human? A-Are they..d-d-dangerous?", I said. "They are not dangerous, Pandora. In fact, they are really small.", Arcee said. "Come on, let's pick up the kids." She, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee transformed into their alt modes and left. I had so many questions on what are the traits of a human. Are they made of metal like us? Do they fly? Do they transform like we do?

"Pandora, since you will be staying with us, we have an extra berthroom for you.", Optimus said. "A-Alright, S-Sir.", I replied in a polite and shy tone. "Call me Optimus.", the Autobot leader reminded me with a soft, small, smile on his handsome faceplate.

Ratchet then noticed something on my hexa-lateral scapula. "Pandora, is that an instrument case?", he asked. I didn't realize I had my violin with me. "O-oh! I f-forgot I h-had this!", I answered. I took the case off my back and opened it. I pulled out a violin that is carved beautifully (picture on the top).

"That is the most beautiful instrument I have ever seen!", Ratchet exclaimed. "Do you play the violin, Pandora?", Optimus asked, curious. "O-Of course I-I do.", I answered. "D-Do you w-want me to p-play it?" "If you want to." Optimus replied.

    I began to play a song that was so original and beautiful. It has been forever since I played on the violin and it seems I haven't lost my skill to play on the instrument. As I played the song, I felt a sense of warmth. Optimus and Ratchet looked mesmerized at my violin playing. I closed my optics, enjoying playing my violin as it felt relaxing to my audio receptors. Playing on the violin makes me happy and relaxed. It distracts me from negative thoughts and the music from it tells me that everything will be okay. I didn't realize that the Autobots were back with some odd looking strangers.

"WOW!!!!"

    I suddenly stopped playing, making a loud startled short scream from my intake by a loud energetic voice coming from someone that is below me.

"Pretty violin! And what is that song!? It's so amazing!!" I looked down at the voice and saw that it was coming from an odd looking femme. She looks weird. What is that soft part on her head. What are those soft antennas that look spherical? Is she an alien!?

    The odd alien girl continued to say some stuff as more of the alien creatures, a tall one with black fluffy stuff on his head and a short one with a weird red accessory on his face, come in. "Wait, what is your name? Mine is Miko! Where did you come from? How did you get here? What can you transform into!? I bet you are a truck like Boss Bot! What's your favorite genre of music? We should do a duet-"

"MIKO!"

    "What!? I'm just tryna get to know her!", she yelled at the tall alien guy, Bulkhead, and Ratchet who called her designation. Wait, what kind of designation is that? Miko, is it? I then made a noise which made the alien kids and the Autobots surprised. They then looked at me as I tried to say something.

"I'm..I-I-I-I-I", I unfortunately responded with a quivering expression as I tried to say, 'I'm Pandora.' I trembled and continued making noises as the fleshy creatures looked at me.

"Umm..Is she okay?", the tall black fluffy head alien human kid asked, wondering what was happening to me. "She is fine. She is just shy. Please take it easy on her and she should open up to you.", Optimus replied. He walked up to me and placed a servo on my shoulder pad. "It's okay. Pandora. They are harmless.", he reassured me. Because of his reassurance (and also his really hot handsome face), I calmed down and my trembling noises dried out.

I felt guilty for what I did. "I-I'm s-sorry", I apologized with a shy but guilty tone.

    "No no, it's okay!", the short alien human with the cute red accessory said. I still felt guilty for what I did but I'm glad the alien kids forgave me. I put my violin back into my violin case.

    "Pandora, why don't you rest?", Optimus suggested. "I'll lead you to your berthroom." I followed him from behind carrying my instrument case and he showed me one of the berthrooms that were available. "You can recharge or relax. You must have been through a lot.", Optimus said with a comforting and adorable smile on his face. "O-Okay, O-Optimus.", I replied with a shy smile.

    After Optimus left, I laid on the soft berth thinking about what had happened the whole day. I looked at my violin case and I opened it. Along with my violin, the case had a book that was full pictures of me as a sparkling and an adult mech. I grabbed it and looked through all of them. Later, I fell into a comfortable recharge.