" Unnie, calm down. That is dad in front of you. " Chaeryoung said.

I don't care if that is dad. He can hurt me here if he wants. I don't care, but that is my mom laying in that fucking bed and I think that she's in a critical condition right now. 

" Son Chaeyoung! That is enough! " he scolded me again. 

I was about to curse again, but I heard someone excuse himself. It's uncle Chou. The owner of this hospital and my father's best friend. And also a doctor and dad of my best friend too. 

" It's fine, Son. I know what she feels right now. And to inform you again, Mrs. Son needs surgery as soon as possible. But... " Uncle Chou stops while he's explaining.

He's with the other doctors, and I don't want to think bad, but there's a but in his explanation. He looked at my dad, and I know that look. They don't want us to hear it. But I'm her child! NO. I want to hear it!

" Just. Tell. Us. Doctor Chou. " I said. 

Chaeyoung understand what is happening so she hugged me even tighter. Dad and uncle Chou look at each other and nod as they agreed to talk about it with us. I don't want to hear it too. But, I need to hear it. Even though it might break me. 

" Uhmm. By having surgery, there's always a risk. As for her, she can do surgery, but there's a 50% chance rate for her to survive. Her heart is weak because of the mild heart attack. I'm sorry. " uncle Chou said to us.

I clenched my fist as I heard him say that, I know it's true and we need to accept that 'cause they're doctors, they know everything. But they are not God. But I don't know what to do either. I'm not in the right mind right now. But why are they operating if the success rate is low? They just make the patient die faster. I don't understand that. Just, why? Why do the patient and the family risk it, knowing that they might gonna die? Why? If they have time to spend it with your family and make more memories. 

" Dr. Chou, we can talk to your office. The two of you wait here. And, Chaeyoung, please calm down. We can work this out, okay? " dad said before they leave in the room. 

Chaeryoung who is still crying pulled her hug from me. Her phone rang and I saw Ms. Lee calling her. Her mom.  She excused herself and got out of the room. Chaeryoung and I are half-siblings. We have a different mother. Dad cheated on my mom for her mom and got her pregnant. I got mad at dad and Ms. Lee who's he's assistant at that time. But mom said that it was okay, that sometimes we make mistakes that we didn't think of the consequences. And we all make mistakes, it's just that the important thing is we can learn from that and never do it again. And because of that, I don't have any grudge against them. But Ms. Lee is still awkward to me and mom, 'cause she said that she wrecked our family. Even though my dad did not choose her and she resigned from her work to avoid more conflict. But we're on good terms, I think?

I sat beside mom and hold her hand. 

" Mom, it's me. Can you please wake up? You make me worry. " I got teary-eyed, but still I don't want them to see me crying. " It's Saturday tomorrow, we're gonna have camped in our garden, remember? With Chaeryoung and if dad's not busy, he's gonna join us. " I said with my soft tone. 

Mom still not responding. I think it's been an hour since she's unconscious. 

" Mom, I'm sorry if I am not there with you. I'm sorry if I'm busy with my life these days and going home to my apartment instead of our house. I promise I'll make more time for you, so please wake up? Please, mom. " 

My hand is shaking while holding her hand. I got surprised when Chaeryoung hold it too and sit on the bed. 

" Mom will be fine, Unnie. Don't worry too much, okay? " she said.