9

Song of the chapter
Ghost by Justin Bieber

Chaeyoung

A month ago.

I was in dad's office 'cause he requested me again to meet him but he's not here. I canceled all my plans today to meet him but he's nowhere to be found. Seriously, dad?!

" Where the hell is dad, Ms. Park? " I annoyingly asked his assistant. 

" Ms. Chaeyoung?! What are you doing here? I thought your dad called you. He's not here. " Ms. Park answered me as she stood up and looked surprised to see me walk out of my dad's office. 

What the hell? Did she not notice me earlier? And what? Where the hell is my dad? 

" What? Where the hell is he?! I even canceled my plans for him, and now he's not here? For god sake! Psh! " I said again in front of her desk.

" H-he's in the hospital. " 

As I heard her say that, my phone rang, and saw my dad's name on the screen. Hospital? What is he doing out there?! I answered it quickly.

" Hello? Dad? Where are you? Ms. Park said that you're in the hospital? What hap--- " I stop speaking when I heard his sobbing. Is that crying? What the fuck is happening?!

" Chaeyoung... Your mom... She's in the hospital right now. " 

As I heard my dad says that, my legs became weak. I put my hand on the table to stop myself from falling. What did he say? My mom? 

" W-what? H-how? How is she? W-where are you? "

I didn't finish what dad is saying 'cause I already cut him to say that I'm just gonna there 'cause Ms. Park told me where they are. They're in the hospital of Chou's. I rush to the elevator to go to the parking lot which is in the basement. It took time before I got in the basement 'cause I came from the 13th floor. I run to my car and hit the gas and drive as fast as I can. It's a good thing that the hospital is not far from my dad's office and our house. After a 30-minute of drive, I arrived at the hospital and run fast to the room that Chaeryoung texted me. 

I'm still panting as I open the door and saw my mom laying in the bed with dad sitting beside her holding her hand. 

" Chaeyoung... " they both said in unison. 

I saw Chaeryoung on the couch walk towards me and hugged me and cried. I hugged her back and hold my tears. I don't want them to see me crying. Dad's tears are about to fall and he immediately wiped them.

" W-what happened? Dad? " I asked her and dad too. 

Chaeryoung is still crying on my chest. Dad sighed before answering me. I hold my mom's hand and my heart is now aching. It's tearing me apart seeing her like that unconscious.

" She and Chaeryoung are in the house baking some cakes, then she said can't breathe and then collapsed. The doctor said that she got a mild heart attack, and they gonna run some tests to check if she needs surgery. " Dad said. 

A mild heart attack? What? How? I mean, I thought mom is in a good shape, 'cause we always exercise and drink vitamins and her meds. But I'm wrong. Sigh. I held mom's hand tightly so that she could feel that we were just here for her, while my dad is holding her hand too on the other side. 

" And now what? Why is she still unconscious? Where are the doctors? Why isn't anyone checking her? What the fuck, dad?! " I cursed in front of dad. 

" Son Chaeyoung! Watch your word! " dad scold me. 

" What? Where is Mr. Chou?! Why isn't anyone here!? What if mom got a heart attack again?! " I shout at him. Chaeryoung is now stopping me from what I'm doing and whispering at me.