𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙾𝚗𝚎; 𝚂𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍

𝚂𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍

    One can only survive their own torment and agony, their own pain that riddled their body can move past it and wave it off as nothing. But when experiencing another pain unlike their own it becomes unbearable.

    Calling Elijah, Rosalice watched as Hayley paced the room, worry evident on her face. "Impeccable timing." Elijah greets.

    Rosalice raises an eyebrow, pressing the phone to her ear, "Why's that?"

    Clearing his throat, "You didn't call me to check up on me, did you?" He asks knowingly.

    The Cullen woman moves side to side, bouncing on the balls of her feet, humming out, "Hayley is stressed and I bet her blood pressure is high." The blue eyes of pure thick ice takes in the pacing werewolf. "I know you can handle yourself. I'm just calling to calm down Ley."

    The brown haired Mikealson fakely smiles, forgetting their not in person. "Jackson's is fine. He's... a little tied up right now."

    "Metaphorically or physically?"

    "Can I call you back?"

    She could hear distant yells in the background. "Elijah," she calls out, calmly. "Tell me what's going on, please." No one answers. Just a clink and scuffling and then an explosion that Rosalice tore her phone away from her ear. Hayley looks at her terrified. "I'm sure it's fine."

    "I just heard an explosion."

    Rosalice shrugs, "Elijah needs a new phone."

[Time Skip]

    Hayley continues to pace the study rubbing her hands together. Rosalice had just picked up an old book belonging to one of the Mikealson's, made up of Edgar Allen's Poe work. Hearing two clear distinctions of footsteps, her eyes flicker upwards opening her mouth when she catches the dragging of feet. Closing her mouth she rises from her seating position looking towards the door.

    Elijah enters the room heaving Jackson at his side, Klaus one step behind. All of them were disheveled and covered in ash. Hair a pure mess. The only male werewolf looked beaten up that his wounds weren't healing quick enough.

    "I got it," Jackson groans out.

    Crossing her arms over her stomach, Rosalice raises an eyebrow at her mate. Hayley runs towards Jackson. "Thank god you're alive!" She hugs Jackson tightly as if she were afraid to lose him. Looking over his shoulder she mouths, "Thank you."

    Elijah only nods in response, Hayley moves Jackson to the couch. His eyes land on his mate as well giving her a sheepish smile. "I promised to call back."

    Rosalice gave him a harsh stern look, moving to grab supplies to help tend the wounds of a werewolf. Hearing a faint voice speak, "I'm fine, too, thanks for asking."

[Time Skip]

    Coming back, Rosalice had started to tend to Jackson, her hands lukewarm grazing over a natural temperature human. Jackson looks down at her. "You're really good at this stuff," He couldn't help but comment. Taking in her looks. Smelling her scent a mix of a foul stench of rotten flesh and something sweet as chocolate. A confusing scent. "If you don't mind me asking, are you a hybrid?"

    Rosalice clenches her jaw, beginning to stitch up the last wound there. "Have you've not heard what people say about me?" She raises an eyebrow looking through them.