𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎; 𝙰𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍

𝙰𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍

    It's a dangerous game of cat and mouse when you know your opponent is much stronger than you.

    However Rosalice had always survived against the vampires that attacked. Facing a witch who was demanding to take her to get a check up when she knew for a fact that her grandfather could do it better than anyone else.

    Hayley had now gotten on board after Rebekah's comment about women wanting to kill anyone just to have a child of her own. But Rosalice didn't allow that to affect her, instead she sat there with her arms crossed staring into oblivion continuing her act of stubbornness.

    Annoyance settling in the old witch's chest. "You're long overdue for a checkup." She retorts once again.

    Rosalice, unfazed, hums out, "You've said that for the fifth time now." The only way she could keep herself sane was not the memory of her parents or her sister but rather knowing that Elijah would be back in his home soon. She knew why she felt this way; she just didn't like it at all. Didn't feel comfortable with saying it outloud making it into reality that she was in fact mated. Thinking of it brought more ease than saying it. With more days passing she felt sick to her stomach and it wasn't because she was pregnant, these were full-blown sick days. Days she laid in bed curled up in a ball filled with pain that conjured in her head.

    Niklaus enters the room, going to say a snarky comment to Rebekah but stops when he has noticed the three girls still present in his home. "Shouldn't you two be going to the clinic now?" He questions.

    Hayley simply states, simply, "Rosa doesn't trust the witch."

    Rosalice continued to stare into oblivion still thinking of Elijah. Klaus' eyes landed on his sister -still looking at the internet of shutters- spoke, "I said my piece. She's clearly not going to listen to me."

    The sea-green eyed hybrid made his way towards the twenty-year old. Bending down to her eye level. "Love?"

    "I'm not going to go with that witch-"

    "What would my brother say?" He brings up. Taken aback by his words, Rosalice tense shoulders can't help themselves but to relax hearing the mention of Elijah. "He would tell you to go not for comfort but for them." These were nothing but lies to help please the mind and she knew yet they were fooling her so easily, trapping her. "Now go."

    Rosalice frowns, accepting defeat. Standing up she willingly goes with Hayley and Agnes to the clinic hidden deep in the bayou.

[Time Skip]

    Darkness settled itself in the sky Rosalice shuffled around in her seat as Hayley underwent her ultrasound. Hers lasting mere minutes. A fetal heartbeat beating on the monitor. Dr. Paige smiles at her. What is with people smiling? Rosalice thought to herself. "Your baby's heart rate is perfect."

    Hayley only smiles in return, "I knew it." Sitting up she begins wiping away the gel. "She's a tough one, like her mom."

    Dr. Paige eyes land on the werewolf's shoulders noticing a birthmark, "That's a unique birthmark." She compliments.

    "We're pretty much done here, right?" Hayley beats around the compliment guided towards her, slipping on her sweater.

    Looking down at her phone as the doctor answers, "Your blood pressure is a bit high. I've got something for it." Dr. Paige exits the room heading over to Agnes.

    Rosalice pushed herself off of her seat looking around the room. Eyes occasionally looking outside of the room at both doctor and witch who were all too invested in their own conversation. Hayley whispers, "What are you doing?" Rosalice slips a drawer open, making sure to stay quiet. Finding the syringes. Instantly grasping a hold of a medication called Propofol. Glancing up the conversation didn't look to be ending. Shutting the drawer she moves silently away from their view. Taking the cap off of the syringe and pricking the tip of it inside of the sealed off medication. Lights alerting the outside world. Pulling the liquid out and into the syringe having a decent amount. Pulling it out gently, she waves it a bit. Seeing a large air bubble. She knew better than to leave it. She did nothing about it.

    Dr. Paige returns with Hayley's medication. Hayley mumbled out, "Ahh, you know, I'm-I'm actually not that good with pills."

    Rosalice moved like a ticking time bomb. Creeping closer to the doctor, looking through her eyebrows giving a kubrick stare. "Heh, neither am I, truth be told." She moves towards the cabinet.

    Men entering the building. Hayley's eyes widen as she stares at them, whispering something to Agnes. The hazel eyed girl watched as Rosalice grabs Dr. Paige by the neck sticking the syringe into her artery and gave her a dose. Hayley runs towards the door slamming it shut and locking it.

    The hybrid then slams the doctor's head into the counter, instantly knocking her out.

    "What was in that?"

    "Propofol; sleeping medication." Rosalice answers nonchalantly.

    "But you knocked her out."

    "I left an air bubble in the syringe." Rosalice moves towards the window, the door now rattling. Opening it up. "Air bubbles are bad news." She slips out first. When her feet landed on the ground she didn't wait for Hayley it was a matter of survival for her and she needed to flee.

    Once Hayley got out of the clinic and was running for her own life she understood why Rosalice did what she did in the spur of the moment. It wasn't because she saw her as a liability but it was rather trying to survive. And both of them were survivors.

[Time Skip]

    Drenched in human blood. Memory broken to pieces she would remember in the morning or not at all. Walking in a straight line. Eyes that held a version of both confusion and pain. Heading in circles and circles.

    Her hands felt sticky, dripping with the crimson liquid. Breath uneven. Heart racing. Blood and venom moved around on overdrive working to make sure she was safe. Any wounds that were afflicted on her body she didn't feel perhaps it was the fact she felt a rush of adrenaline that she had to thank her human side for.

    Someone joined her side within a second, instinctively her body fought, sending itself into fight mode. Throwing a right hook that never connected. Hands clamping down over her biceps holding her in place as she stumbles. "It's just me, love," Klaus murmurs in her ear. Not fazed with the blood she had. "What happened?" He asks her.

    Rosalice looks up. Lips sewn shut. The state of shock wearing off. Her eyes falling. "Rosalice what happened?" Klaus lightly shook her awake. It didn't work. Instead she fell backwards, he caught her in seconds, tips of hair meeting the ground. His eyes shoot up towards Hayley. "What happened to her?!" He demanded not caring about her but rather because he didn't want to deal with his brother.

    Hayley stares into oblivion, "I don't know." Rebekah held the werewolf close to her. "She ran away before I did." Standing up. "She's a hell of a fighter."

    Any wounds that were caught on Rosalice didn't last long, healing within seconds just as they arrived. Usually, typically the wounds would take only a full three days to heal or shorter no in-between.

 Usually, typically the wounds would take only a full three days to heal or shorter no in-between