CHAPTER #16

Instead of making any of the groceries they purchased, Qihe suggested they go have a late lunch with Lu He and Zan. They learned that her brother was out with friends, so they decided to just eat with Lu He.

"Awe no homemade food?" Lu He complained.

"She needs a break. But show him what you brought," Qihe encouraged her.

"Sweet buns, made by me. Happier now?" Jiayi teased his twin.

"YES!" Lu He promptly popped one in his mouth and his eyes widened. He swallowed and gasped, "WOW that was so soft, fluffy and yummy. Lunch is on me, I'll drive."

He took one more bun, on their way out of his apartment. "It's a nice day, we should go for a walk, before lunch."

"Good idea, we can then also help digestion on the return trip," Jiayi agreed.

It didn't take long for them to get into the part of town that had a lot of restaurants. They parked and each brother offered Jiayi an arm. They couldn't decide yet at which place to eat. While looking across the street, Jiayi suddenly stopped dead.

"What's wrong?" The twins asked in unison.

She ignored them and removed her arms from theirs. Shouting across the street, "TAO?"

A person with short emo-styled blackish blue hair stopped and searched the area, then noticed the person who'd called out. "JIAYI?"

"IT IS YOU!" Jiayi yelled.

The twins watched the guy carefully run across the street, then embrace Jiayi. Tao kissed her on the mouth, surprising the twins. Qihe instantly got jealous.

Lu He asked softly in his twin's ear, "do you have competition for Jiayi's heart?" But when he saw darkness in his Qihe's eyes, he stopped teasing.

Jiayi introduced the new person. "This is Tao, my enforcer from the Shanghai school."

Tao gave them a nod.

Lu He asked, "just visiting?"

"No I came to protect Jiayi. We're a killer team."

"Protect me? Didn't I tell you my dad is out of the picture now?"

"Yeah and I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you."

Jiayi smiled, "I made you King, so what happened?"

"I left it behind to go to Nationals. But I'm not as good as you, so I didn't make it to Worlds."

"That's not what I remember. Your only issue was strategy, but that's what coaches are for."

"I'll tell you what went down when we're in private. So who are these guys?"

"Mask Man Lu He and Mafia Boy Qihe."

"I've heard of you both. I've seen Mask Man in school when I was registering here."

"You went to my old school. Qihe is my boyfriend and we're King and Queen at a different school."

"How's your brother?"

"Zan's great. He lives with Lu He now. A lot of bad shit happened with my dad."

"I hope the twins helped you put the bastard down."

Jiayi smiled, "relax they had my back the whole time."

Tao took both of Jiayi's hands and flipped them over, palms up. "I see your anger management hasn't changed."

"Shut up.... What are you doing today?"

"I just finished moving into a small flat near the school. I'm in process of checking out the town."