undercover (criminal minds crossover)

Ellie and Nick were called into the Director's office late Monday night after a case, they were the only one's in the building but the Director still put the room in a lockdown state so that no-one no matter how could hear or see what was going on in the office. "The pair of you will be going undercover in a small town in Wyoming called Laramie. Yous will be acting as a happily married couple, here are your rings." the Director said sliding three rings across the table. One was just plain silver with an inscription inside that was just a date they assumed would be their wedding date, 14/2/15, valentines day 2015. One of the rings was silver ring with a pink diamond in the centre no inscription, this was to be Ellie's engagement ring. The third silver with a larger pink diamond in the centre with smaller ones around the ring with the same inscription on the inside '14/2/15'. "There are going to be two other agents undercover agents with you from the behavioural analysis unit of the FBI, They're names are SSA Derik Morgan and SSA Emily Prentiss. They have been their for a couple months investigating the strange disappearances of Women from Laramie. They have been informed of your arrival whilst having their morning coffee. Their undercover names are Michelle and Shemar they are  aware of your arrival. Ellie, You are to pretend Michelle is your sister and Shemar her boyfriend who you are moving to live next to." The director finished.

"Sir what does this have to do with NCIS?" Nick asked clearly confused on why they were going undercover in an FBI investigation.

"This is Captain Jones," Vance responded showing the pair a photo of  her, "She went missing yesterday and giving the circumstances we believe it is the same person who has been taking the other women. Yous leave tomorrow I'm going to need your badges and guns." 

They handed over the only proof they had with them that they were Federal agents whilst down a few floors Kasie was temporarily erasing their lives. Starting tomorrow they would be Kelly and Andrew Black. They had been handing files containing everything they needed to know about their new lives and the case with the instructions to burn immediately.

That night Nick stayed at Ellie to thoroughly go over the case and how they met thorough enough to persuade people around them they were a real couple and ask questions normally asked. They had met in high school; Kelly was the lead in the school play and Andrew played her boyfriend. The play was excellent and after they decided to go to a diner for food and milkshakes. They had went loads to go over lines and ideas on how to perform it but this time was different, it was like an actual date. A few months later they were official. However when they finished high school they ended up in different colleges and lost contact. In 2013 they met at an unofficial high school re-union. It wasn't a proper one and was mostly for theatre kids. They ended up back together and two years later on valentines day got married. It was a small service but was still amazing.

The case was simple enough but incredibly hard to solve, women were being abducted from their homes in the middle of the night without anyone hearing anything not even the husband's they share a bed with. NCIS was involved to find the Captain but was to work with the FBI for the rest of the case and arguments over who prosecutes the unsub to come after.

Michelle was Kelly's younger sister by one year so they were like twins their whole life but when Michelle moved away from DC they didn't speak as much and now Kelly and Andrew decided to move in next to them to talk more and become close again. They knew Michelle had a boyfriend but hadn't yet met him in person yet.

"Nick we should talk about boundaries now before we leave for Laramie in the morning," Ellie said quietly after a short amount of time of silence to finish reading the file. 

"Yea umm we don't know who's watching us so if we act like normal we might be at least get people to think we love each other." Nick replied. There were some rumours about him and Ellie at the navy yard similar to the rumours about Sloane and Gibbs.