4.

"Jaebeom let's go home."

"Where's the coffee?" The older frowned like a five year old causing Jinyoung to roll his eyes. 

"They are out of coffee, Jaebeom. Now drive."

"It's Hyung you vile creature." He replied comically before following up on Jinyoung's wish.

Their drive home was mostly silent. He appreciated Jaebeom for not asking anything about what happened at the coffee house. He knew Jaebeom found it best to not dig in for any details. Jinyoung was so thankful to him for that. 

Jaebeom played him the song he had composed for Mark Tuan- a renowned American-Taiwanese pop star who he had worked with on his first ever Korean collaboration. His boyfriend was extremely ecstatic while Jinyoung was equally proud. If only he could get the chance to attend its release party again. If only he didn't have to miss it this time.

"What do you think of it, Jinyoung?" Jaebeom's eyes sparkled. Jinyoung realized that they had already reached his place.

"I still think it's the best song you've worked on till date."

The elder's lips curled into a smile. "Right? I think so too. I am extremely proud of this piece."

"You should be!" He replied enthusiastically. "I just wish you get more opportunities like that, Hyung. For your talent, sky is the limit."

"Hyung?"

"Actually....." Jaebeom's smile faded. His voice sounded feeble. "Jinyoung, I got an opportunity."

"Hyung are you for real? You scared me!" Jinyoung was beaming. "That is a good thing. I am so happy for you-"

"I've to go to America." Jinyoung's heart sank. "For a year."

"Wha-Wait...." He tilted his head to assess the depth of the situation like a confused puppy. "What do you mean for a year?"

"I-" Jaebeom took a deep breath. "Mark asked his staff to stay in touch with me even after the promo period ended. He said his agency needed someone like me to work with now that they were trying to expand their reach in the East. It's once in a lifetime kind of opportunity for me Jinyoung, how could I let it go? Besides, it's not like we live in the stone age right? We have phones, laptops heck even video calls. We won't have to give up on us."

The younger's head tilted to the side for the second time now. His eyes darted around to look for answers. He needed something...something to lessen the haze in his mind. "We won't have to give up on us? What do you mean by that Lim Jaebeom? It means you've made up your mind already, haven't you?" Even though his volume was high, he spoke slowly, taking time to pick up words. "We won't have to give up on us? Who are are you to decide it on my behalf, Hyung? Did you ask me if I was comfortable with this long distance thing? Don't you know distance makes people grow apart?"

"You don't understand-"

"No hyung." Jinyoung said moving away from the hand that was reaching out for him. "You don't understand!"

"What did you want me to do then?" It was Jaebeom who raised his voice now. "I couldn't say no-"

"You didn't have to! I wouldn't have asked you to! It's just you had to be honest with me!"

"And how would that have changed things?" Jaebeom snapped causing the younger's words to die down in his throat. "Even if I had told you earlier, you would've reacted the exact same way! Would you have accepted a long distance relationship then, Jinyoung? I don't think so! We were doomed. This relation was doomed since the day-"

"Since what?!"

"Nothing." Jaebeom spat. "Well, Jinyoung Youngjae called me and asked me for an answer. I said yes-"