chapter 16- ❝waiting❞

Start from the beginning

"Everyone I touch his hand the heart monitor goes faster is he okay?," I ask and she chuckles at me and I look at her like she's dumb. "Are you his wife or girlfriend?," she questions. I raise my eyebrows at her and shake my head.

"That's funny because I only seen that happen to patients when their wife or girlfriend touched them their heart monitor goes up," she says. "It usually only happens when they feel the presence of the person they love romantically," she says before leaving.

I sit their shocked at the revelation. I test it again and as I place my hand on his, his heart monitor goes up again and slowly slows down. I don't know if he can hear me but I'm still going tot all to him anyways.

"Please be okay. I know we don't get along anymore but I really miss my best friend. I just wish you would tell me what's bothering you to make you hate me so much. All I want is to be close to you and to go back to how we were but you don't seem to want that," I take a breath as some tears make their way down my face.

"I'll just have to try my best to find out what's wrong and why you hate me but until then I won't give up on you and I hope you won't give up on me," I say before kissing his forehead and leaving so everyone else can have their time with him.

As I make my way out I think who could have done that to him and can only think of one thing. The Russians. When Emilio wakes up we're going to have to discuss what to do with him as he is the don. I make my way to my room while Jagger follows me.

We quickly crash onto the he bed and he cuddled up to me while I do the same. I know he can tell that his owner is not okay. He's a smart dog. I hold him close to me to make him feel safe and we both fall asleep.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When I wake up I try to eat something but it doesn't really go as planned as I'm not hungry. I decide to go and visit Emilio again. I see no one's in there so I just hold his hand and sit with him. I get tired again so I fall asleep with my head rested on the bed.

                  𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗜𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 this light that keeps trying to pull me closer to it but I've seen to many movies to know to fight it

𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗜𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 this light that keeps trying to pull me closer to it but I've seen to many movies to know to fight it. When I get far away from it I feel pain shoot through my body. And I groan as I open my eyes and see I'm in the hospital area of my house.

I look down at something holding my hand. I see Valeria on the chair laying her head down on the bed. She doesn't know but I could hear everything she said. I do feel bad for not telling her why I left but I still don't know if I'm ready. But I am going to tell her soon because I hate to see her like that.

I watch her sleep as I take my other hand and stroke her hair lightly she gets started and wakes up. We she sees that I am awake she smiles at me. "Hi," she says. I laugh at that and mumble 'hi' back to her. "I could hear everything you said you know," I say and he cheeks flame read at that statement.

"I'll tell you soon I'm just not ready yet," I say and she nods. "I respect that and I'm trying to be patient," she says and I nod before moving over in the bed. I don't care if she's mad at me or if I'm supposed to be mad at her I want to hold her.

"Come here," I say and motion for her to lay next to me. She nods before getting onto the bed and laying next to me. I pull her to me and lay her head on my chest while I wrap my arms around her as she does the same to me.

"Am I going to hurt you if we lay like this?," she asks. "No, and if you did I don't care," I say and she just laughs. My hands are wrapped securely around her waist while hers where wrapped around my shoulders.

"Have you been eating," I question her knowing tht it's been 2 days since I was sitting in this hospital. She stiffens and reluctantly shakes she head. I huff. "You need to be eating Valeria," I say. "I know I was just worried about you I didn't have a appetite," she says. Right on cue someone walks in with some food for both of us.

"The chefs made you guys some food," I nod my head and she quickly leaves I sit up and have Valeria sit across from me. I take the tray and put it on the bed before taking a spoonful of the pasta and putting it up to her mouth. She reluctantly opens her mouth to eat it.

"I'm gonna help you eat this whole thing," I say and she rolls her eyes at me. I can tell she doesn't want to eat the whole thing but she needs to. I continue to feed her bites of it until the whole thing is gone.

"See Val, it wasn't that bad," I say and she nods before moving the tray and handing me mine. I quickly eat it all before going back to cuddling her on the bed. "I know you said you weren't hungry while I was out but you need to keep eating everyday," I say. "I know, I'm trying to it's just hard sometimes," she says sadly.

"If you ever need help eating please come to me. I know I haven't been nice but I have a lot of things to work through and I'm trying my best," I say to her she nods her head. "I will," she says.

With that I pull her closer to me and kiss her forehead before we both fall asleep right in each others arms.

Here's chapter 16! I'm super late I'm sorry I've been so busy!

Thank you for 11k reads it means so much I could cry!

See you next chapter. Thanks for the support and reading! <33

 Thanks for the support and reading! <33