He half sits on the edge of my desk. "I should ask you that," I say, leaning back in my chair and turning to face him. I see him roll his eyes. "Is there anything?"

"Yes." he nods. "I'm going to leave soon because I have a meeting and I won't be back today. I wanted to ask if you needed me for anything before I go."

I think for a moment. "No, I don't think so," I say, shaking my head. "I'm going to be busy today, but there's nothing I need you for."

"You always need me." He grins, pushing himself off my desk. He walks to the door and without looking back, he calls out. "Call me, handsome."

I shake my head again after he closes the door behind him. He always manages to be playful, even though he's one of the most hardworking men I know.

There is no one in the kitchen as I make myself a cup of coffee. I walk back to my office and answer more emails. I don't notice how quickly time passes after Kiyara brings me all the papers until a knock sounds at my door.

"Yes?" I call out, my hand still sliding over the papers as I sign my name at the bottom of them.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting?" that one voice I least expected rings in my ears and I look up only to see Mikayla peeking her head through the door.

"You're not interrupting. Please, come in." I say, sitting up straight in my chair.

It's been almost a month since I last talked to her properly. How could I after everything that has happened between us? It's not that we are ignoring each other, but I know Mikayla is trying to keep the professional space between us.

She comes to a stop in front of my desk. She's wearing a beige blazer dress, her black hair parted in the middle and framing her face. Her eyes are bright as always, I can see the gold flecks in the green even from this distance.

"I finished this and our creative director Lizzie wanted me to show this to Mr. Park. But I just found out he already left," she explains.

"Let me take a look," I say softly.

She looks down at the papers she is holding in her hand as she starts to walk around the table. I get up from my chair so I can meet her halfway, but because she doesn't look up from the papers it almost causes her to bump into me.

She looks up at me. "Sorry, I thought I should walk over," she says.

"It's fine," I assure her.

Now we're locked in this inexplicable eye contact and I realize this happens to us all the time. Something always causes us to get close and I can barely manage to act normal.

It brings flashbacks of the night of the Moulin event. It's something I find myself thinking about more often than I'd like. Not because I regret it, but the embarrassment and anger I felt afterward are beyond explanation. I tried to kiss her without her consent.

She needs an explanation - she deserves an explanation - but I can't give her one. I know she desperately tried to hide from me after that day, but it didn't work out that way because I always caught her changing her ways right at the last second.

I can't blame her for that and I wish I would have cleared this thing up between us in the bathroom a month ago. I didn't know Camille was stopping by, and I certainly didn't know she was going to say something that would make Mikayla run away in a hurry.

As I mentioned before, I hate social events and on the day of the launch, I was not feeling well. Everyone was trying to talk to us, which I can't blame them for because after all, we were the advertising company in charge.