Love isn't alive

It was raining since morning that day. An interesting addictive smell was  coming from outside. I didn't  witnessed sunny day since I came from hospital. Aunt was going outside with her fiancee Matt.Matt always seemed like a great guy to me.Tall handsome British man with loyalty towards Aunt.i was all alone at home .But I always enjoyed loneliness. It's addictive. Once you start spending alone time,you become addicted to it.I was sitting on the black couch beside the window. The window was open and gusty  wind was playing hide and seek with me.My eyes were closed. Then I heard someone ringing the calling bell.It ringed once and I ignored it.Cause I didn't want to spoil that moment. Than  the bell ringed again.I couldn't ignore it this time.I stood up with much disgust and went to the door.I didn't check who was it I opened it.I was kind of surprised when I opened the door.Nick was standing outside the door with a bouquet of roses.I said ,"Nick!Hi,how are you?"I had zero interest to greet him but the formalities always got me."Hi,I am fine.Can I come inside?"Nick said.I really wanted to tell  him no but I couldn't. I told him to go inside. I felt so weird when he went inside. It was so strange because once that  person was the love of my life.I took a deep breath and told him to sit inside my room.I noticed that he was kind of happy about that.We both went inside and I told him to sit on the couch and I sat on my bed.My room was quite dark so I switched on the lights. For some minutes we both were silent. Than Nick asked me,"How's your day been?"I casually replied that it's been a good day.I could feel that Nick wasn't happy with my answer. He wanted to hear more than this.Than he said,"oh,I forgot to give you this flowers.Roses used to be your favorite. You always asked me to brought these."I grab those flowers and thanked him.The roses was fresh and beautiful. I didn't know that roses were my favorite.Than I saw Nick's face turning red.His eyes were moist with tears.It made me little uncomfortable but I still asked him what happened. He wiped his tears and started to saying, "Whenever we met before, I would give you roses and you always hugged me but today for the first time you didn't hug me.I thought you remember me.But you don't.But I am not blaming you for this."I was silent for seconds and told him,"I am sorry for everything. But I really can't remember anything. It's just been a dreadful month for me.I feel like I can't trust anyone "tears where floating from my eyes when I was saying this to him.Nick stood up and sat beside me.That made me super uncomfortable. But I didn't say anything. I noticed that he was really a handsome person. Green eyes with brunette hair.Not that tall but still a charming figure. But still my feelings were no longer alive for him.He said,"When I first saw you I was dazzled. The clumsy girl with grey eyes and black hair made me a poet that time.I felt like I could write hundred poems just describing your beauty. But then your personality showed up.It was more charming. You were the only one who hold my hand when I was in my lowest point.I still remember the day when we first kissed. You wore  a red tops with  black jeans. I was wearing a blue shirt with black jacket. Sun was smiling all through the day."I was listening to him like a five years old girl listening to fairytale. I was asking myself who was that girl that loved  this man unconditionally. We both were staring each other until Nick tried to hold my hand.I saved my hand from his grip.With much humbleness I said to him,"The girl you loved before is no more.Maybe she was someone who loved you unconditionally. But she is not me.I don't know if I could ever remember everything. But one thing I really want you to know that I don't think if I  could ever be that girl who you loved.I am sorry Nick.i can't do this.If any relationship I can afford in this world is friendship. I hope you really get me."with a smile one my face I tried to express all those words to him .I could see that Nick was smiling too.But tears were drowning his eyes.He stood up and said,"Okay Sabrina. I was here to say that tomorrow we will discussed about our trip to Hungary. I hope you will come to join us,"after saying this Nick walked through the door and opened the door.He looked me in the eye and said "Goodbye, see you tomorrow." Than he left.I knew that I made a sin that time.I crushed someone's heart into pieces.I felt like a criminal . But I didn't have any choice that day.