Chapter Eight

To say I regret writing that note, after these past two weeks, would be more than accurate. What Melody had decided she would 'do about it' was force her girlfriend to spend as little time with Camila as possible, or something of that nature. At least that's what Camila figured since she barely ever saw Lauren, at all, except for very briefly in the mornings and at their shared military class, in which Lauren would still sit next to Camila but never actually engage in conversation. Camila still tried, she would come up with any excuse just to start a decent conversation with her but it only ever would amount to a few exchanges before Lauren quickly turned back to her work. That would be really the only time she would be able to interact with Lauren as both her and Melody stopped coming to breakfast and lunch and she would either always fall asleep before Lauren sneaked in the room late at night or Lauren just didn't sleep there at all. She was beginning to like it better when Lauren didn't sleep there at all; because when she did sneak in after lights out to sleep in her bed, she would bring Melody with her. Camila hated to have to wake up to see them cuddled up together; why did she need to come here and cuddle when she had her own room with no roommate because of her special treatment? Oh, that's right, she lives to make Camila jealous and though Camila knew that, she couldn't help it because everytime she saw Lauren lying there, looking so perfectly content, with her arm around Melody it would make her heart ache.

It was now the day before the dance, Camila wasn't so concerned about that; no, she was more concerned about tomorrow morning because of the 'war simulation' she has to take part in. How in the world was she going to successfully simulate a soldier in combat? The mere thought of being that made her uneasy, she didn't like to think of war with all its violence and gore, and the fact that soldiers literally kill people. Camila couldn't find it in herself to kill a fly; she just had to remind herself that at the end of the day it was just a simulation of war, it would be just like an epic game of laser tag. At least, she hoped that's what it would be like and reassured herself of it.

Camia looked at the clock, it was around four p.m. and she had finished her homework half an hour ago yet here she was still with all her books open reviewing everything. She made it a habit to take all opportunities she had to study; study, an action that was out of her doings for a pretty long time was now her primary way of occupying her time. She really didn't have much a choice in it though, with her roommate always MIA, the strict policies of when you could leave campus or just even your dorm, and the lack of free wifi, studying was literally the only thing to occupy her time. She studied her military strategy textbook for a couple of minutes before she heard a knock on her door; she opened it revealing a very excited Normani and Ally.

"Guess who's man finally grew some balls and asked her to the dance?" Normani asked enthusiastically as she plopped down on Camila's bed followed by a blushing Ally.

"Aw, Ally, I'm so happy for you," Camila replied as she gave Ally a genuine smile and hug. Ally and Troy had both been obviously crushing on each other for god knows how long, but Camila found them very cute. She liked how similar they were, they both wanted to get into science/research jobs in the military, Ally as psychologist and Troy as engineer/programmer and they both were shy, nerdy, and, at times, quirky. But the thing she loved the most about them was the way they looked at each other, even the simplest of looks were full love and admiration, it gave her a sense of hope to see two people that were so clearly deeply in love with one another. It was about time one of them overcame their shyness, she could already tell this was the start of a long anticipated and foreshadowed relationship.

"Are you ready? We were thinking the three of us should head to the mall today because it's probably going to be crowded tomorrow and I really hate buying my dress the day of the dance." Normani said as she scrunched up her nose in distaste at the implication of the suggestion the school had made that everyone could just prepare for the dance the day of.

Army Strongजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें