CHAPTER 11

Becoming forgetful as people grow older is the scariest thing in life. Even though they want to keep their beliefs to themselves, they still tend to forget what and who they used to be, and most people think that is normal...especially when an unforeseen circumstance quickly passes in a blink.

Those phrases from Vetticia are still processed in Arries' mind. It shocked him a bit. She used to be so positive with everything and she never thought of anyone as a competitor. He could say that Vetticia's the strongest woman he knows. She is an independent woman who can work for her loved ones. A devoted daughter who is willing to sacrifice her own. That is why he never thought she would say those even today when he just heard it from her.

He was just glad that he made her remember everything she went through before they met. He made her remember all the things she worked out to be where she is now. He made her remember that...if not because of her, he was not what and where he was today. And if not because of her, he won't be able to see the things he wasn't aware about.

He smiled when he saw her closing her eyes slowly, trying to fight her drowsy eyes. He watched her dozing off to sleep for an hour before he decided to put his eyes to rest. He even woke up before she did—only to see how she slept well.

For over a year that they'd been together officially, he didn't know that waking beside her was...different. It felt peaceful. And that slowly gives him a thought of asking her hand one day.

He imagined taking her to church and making her his home as they chase their dreams together.

But... how was he going to do that if he couldn't even boost his courage to face the possible consequences of introducing her to his parents? How could he ask Papa Leo's permission if he couldn't fix his own family's mess? How could he be proud to share his surname with her...if he was feeling the other way toward his Mom and Dad?

He breathed out when he felt a hand snake around his waist. Vetticia was now hugging him comfortably while her head was on his arm. Her eyes were still closed yet he could feel that she was now awake.

Sleeping or awake... She has had natural beauty ever since. Her skin was light brown. She's working in a cosmetic store, but he never saw her wearing makeup. Though he could see a shadow of light pink in her both cheeks... and he was not sure if it was a natural blush. But to think that she's sleeping on the bed, why would she wear that, right?

Her brows and lips aren't thin or thick. It's just enough for an angelic face. Her nose is not that sharp, but it fits her look. And the best of all in her appearance was her long dark-brown wavy hair.

But why would I care about those? It wasn't her appearance that he liked in the first place. It was his curiosity that made him fall for her.

Mayamaya lang ay naramdaman niyang mas siniksik ni Vetticia ang sarili sa kaniya. Mas binaon nito ang mukha sa dibdib niya. Iyong para bang dikit na hindi pa rin sapat.

Nanatili ang mga mata niya rito, inaabang ang susunod nitong galaw. Pero kahit lumipas ang ilang minuto ay nanatili na ito sa posisyon nilang dalawa.

He tucked her hair behind her ear. "I know you are already awake. We have to get up, love. Baka naghihintay na sina Papa at Fiona sa baba." He knows how the two of them love Vetticia cooking breakfast for them because he is feeling the same way.

As for him, being taken care of in the morning hits differently.

"Sorry..." She moved a little and looked up at him. "This position... just feels too comfortable..."

That made him smile. He's glad that she finds a home with him. It's a bit of a relief knowing how toxic his family is. And he is going to hold that no matter what. So even when times get tough for them, he will have the remaining reason to keep everything they have with each other. He has a reason to fight for it, especially when he feels lost again.