CHAPTER 13

Arries stayed at the seaside together with the family Alfonso and their friends until Papa Leo said he was tired and feeling sleepy. They even had Verinz's brother and his friend with them during the remaining hours, playing guitar and singing a song, which made their stay more alive and memorable.

Since he told Vetticia that he would go home that night, he only made sure that Vetticia and Papa Leo were both safe before he left them at the apartment. He even gave her a word to give him a call whenever she felt different.

After that night at the grocery, he was still worried about the person who was following their view. He means he was still not sure if that person was following them. But knowing that he was looking at that person, yet that person didn't look away or even get nervous.

Fortunately, he hasn't noticed anyone following them around yet, again. And hoped that it won't happen for a second time.

Napabuntong hininga na lang siya nang matanaw ang bahay na minsan niyang inayawan. Bukas ang garahe niyon kaya dire-diretso niya na lamang ipinarada sa loob ang sasakyan. Napansin niya agad na tatlo ang nakaparada. Ibig sabihin ay talaga ngang nakauwi na ang kaniyang mga magulang.

Halos ala-una na ng madaling araw, pero ang mga magulang niya tila gising na gising pa rin. Hindi pa nga siya nakakababa ng sasakyan ay kitang-kita niya na ang pagkasigla sa mukha ng kaniyang ina. Nakangiti ito ay nag-aabang. Habang ang kaniyang ama ay abala sa pagsasarado ng gate.

Wala naman din ibang gagawa niyon kundi sila lang dahil sa nagtanggal ng tauhan ang kaniyang nakaraang taon. Sa dahilan na wala rin naman pumaparito sa kanilang bahay. Lalo na tuwing umaga't hapon. Lahat sila ay parating nasa labasan at nasa trabaho.

Kapag gabi ay bihira na sila magkasabay sa hapag dahil magkaiba ang kanilang mga oras sa pag-uwi. Bilang din sa kaniyang mga daliri kung ilang beses niyang nakasalo ang mga ito sa pagkain. Kaya para sa kaniya at sa mga magulang niya ay wala rin saysay kung kukuha pa ng mag-aalaga ng bahay. Dagdag lang iyon sa gagastusin, ani ng kaniyang ina.

Mas okay na rin iyon, aniya. Dahil hindi nila kailangan mag-alala sa mga tumatao sa loob ng bahay. Bawas intindihin sa mga bagay-bagay.

Bukod pa roon, Mom would always be mom. Kahit limpak man ang kinikita ng negosyo, alam niyang kahit papaano ay wais pa rin ang kaniyang ina sa pagwalgas ng pera. Hindi gaya niya na kung anong magustuhan o matipuhan ni Vetticia, kinukuha agad tila walang pakialam sa presyo.

"Hey, Son!" Mom greeted him with wide open arms and a broad smile on her lips when she saw him hop out of the car. "It's good to see you again! We missed you!"

His Mom even gave him a cheek-to-cheek kiss as he got near her. As for showing respect at least, he accepted it. And to tell her that was somehow happy that they were already there. He meant that if they are there, it means he doesn't have to carry all the things that were thrown in their company alone. Like the financial issue that she didn't even care about when he tried to tell her.

Until now, it's still a problem. The Mondavez and Levidis have to hire an investigator to know which report Verinz showed him was the legit one...or if there was. So, they must be allocated to the preparation of the payment for the investigator they are going to hire soon.

"What time exactly did you two arrive?" he asked his Mom. He was trying to make his voice as calm as he could. His voice is naturally in a deep tone, so he has to keep himself low as much as he can.

"Exactly the time I called you since we had an abrupt meeting before the flight, and we also had a welcome meeting after we arrived," his Mom informed happily.

He nodded. The way she babbles about how her day went, he knew she was happy with it. And that could be the first reason she's not mad at her for getting him at that hour.