꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝙰 𝚅𝚒𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕 ꧂

Start from the beginning

"I'm the only one that can invite him inside." Jeremy whispered in the background.

"He's right, obviously." They heard footsteps before Elena opened the door, "You think being alive for over a thousand years would teach me some manners, but I couldn't resist stopping by."

"If I let you in, my brother goes." Elena glanced at Skyler, "Neither of you is getting near him."

"Fair enough." Kol agreed simply enough.

"I couldn't care less about your little brother, Elena, trust me." Skyler told her when Elena looked at her expectantly.

Elena looked back at Jeremy and nodded, "You can come in." Jeremy told them.

"No gold medals for bravery, I see." Kol commented as Jeremy took his leave through the back door, "You know the thing I love about the modern age is... music, anytime you like." He told Elena as he put his phone and earphones in his pocket, giving Elena a view of the white oak stake, which he had stashed in a pocket on the inside of his jacket.

He looked at her, "So this is the part where you offer me and my lovely wife a drink so we can have a proper chat."

"Tequila. Straight." Skyler requested with a grin.

Elena nodded, letting the couple through before she closed the door behind them, officially trapping herself into the lion or rather the vampire's den.

________________

"Sorry I had to dig up the old people's alcohol." Elena told them as she came back into the room with a bottle of alcohol to find Kol and Skyler playing one of Jeremy's video games together. Skyler was winning of course.

Kol turned, pausing the game much to Skyler's chagrin as she let out a groan while he stood and walked over to the kitchen with her reluctantly setting down her controller and following, "Yeah, that's the problem with people today. They have no drinking imagination." Kol told Elena, "Turn-of-the-century New Orleans -- now they knew how to make a drink." He smirked, remembering the good old days.

"Yeah, okay gramps." Skyler commented with an amused snort as she followed her husband.

Kol turned around as he walked and gave her a wink, "That's sugar daddy to you, darling."

Elena cleared her throat as Skyler let out a loud surprised laugh, "You lived in New Orleans?" Elena asked, changing the subject.

"We all did, till Niklaus shoved a dagger in my heart. I went back once," He told her, his eyes falling onto Skyler as he added, "the best day of my life; the day I got married. "

"Why did Klaus dagger you?" Elena questioned curiously, "What did you do?"

"What makes you think I did anything?" Kol responded in fake offense, "Has your alliance with my brother softened you to his horrors?"

Elena shook her head, "I don't have an alliance with Klaus. We had a mutual interest in finding the cure -- that's all."

"Had?" Skyler piped up, her curiosity piqued.

"Yes." She nodded, "And I'm willing to give up looking for it if you," Elena looked at Kol, "promise to leave my brother alone." Kol doesn't respond, looking at Elena in consideration, that was okay, it seemed the doppelganger didn't expect an instant answer as she picked up the mixer, "Now can you teach me how to make this?"

Elena smiled slightly as Skyler took the box she had held out for Kol to take, the vampire was not about to deal with the doppelganger ignoring her - again.