꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝙺𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚃𝚑𝚢 𝙴𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚢 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"WAIT OKAY SO WHAT HAPPENED?"
Skyler asked in confusion, Damon and her following Stefan down the stairs.

"Isobel just showed up at the front doorstep." Stefan explained.

"What's she doing here?" Damon questioned.

"I don't know that's what I'm gonna go find out." Stefan responded walking down the last step and turning into the hallway with Damon and Skyler hot on his heels when Katherine comes out.

"Oh come on," Skyler complained loudly, stopping upon seeing her, "Does this bitch never leave?"

Katherine smiled at her fakely, "I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here." She told Stefan.

"What? Why?"

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb." Katherine said.

"You're the one in cahoots with them." Damon commented.

"What? Scared they'll hunt you down?" Skyler asked rhetorically, coming to stand in between her brothers as she stared Katherine down.

"You made a deal with John that almost got me killed." Damon continued.

"I did what I had to to get out of the tomb." Katherine responded stubbornly.

Skyler narrowed her eyes, "Oh right, you always do what you have to for yourself, don't you Katherine?" Her name was spat out like poison, her glare intense enough to send the vampire six feet under.

Skyler wondered briefly if Katherine would be able to dig herself out of that hole.

Katherine glared at her, continuing despite her while scratching the back of her neck, "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance."

Katherine turned back in an attempt to leave when Stefan called out, "What do you know?"

The vampire sighed, spinning back around, "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on the team you."

"Besides if you two," Katherine pointedly left Skyler out without care making Skyler herself roll her eyes, tempted to snap the vampire's throat though that seemed to be a very familiar desire recently, "ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better." She looked between the two brothers ignoring Skyler completely before her eyes landed on Stefan.

"Think about it Stefan, come on. Be smart."

"Oh what, like you?" Skyler commented snidely.

Stefan nodded in response to Katherine's words before taking a breath and turning on his heels, "Tell you what, how about you three call Alaric and let him know that his wife's just showed up on his girlfriend's doorstep." Stefan clicked his tongue before quickly leaving.

"Take me with you." Skyler called jokingly as the door closed behind him.

___________

"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that words got out about the doppelgänger?" Elena asked a few hours later as she sits on the couch with Skyler who reluctantly sits on the opposite end as far away as she can get from her brother's girlfriend while said brother sits beside her in the recliner and Damon sits in another chair nearby.