꧁ 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"ABSOLUTELY NOT."
Skyler Salvatore stated stubbornly as she stood in the Mikaelson Manor in Los Angeles California (her favorite of the many Mikaelson homes) with her arms crossed over her stomach.

She had previously been sitting down on the Love seat beside her husband, Kol Mikaelson, however, upon hearing what her best friend and brother-in-law, Niklaus Mikaelson, had to stay she had abruptly stood up, ready to run at any second although they all knew she wouldn't go far.

Niklaus sighed. "It is not up to you, Skyler. This is something good for the whole family." He told her sternly. "Why must you argue?"

Skyler scoffed. "Well I'm supposed to be a part of this family and I was never involved in the planning of this and never agreed to going to Mystic Hell!"

"It's Falls love." Kol called out with an easy smirk knowing damn well she hadn't made a mistake.

Skyler turned her glare onto him, "I know what I said." She hissed before turning back to Niklaus, "You of all people know what I think of that place Nik!" She exclaimed stiffly.

Niklaus nodded, standing up as well to become eye level with his best and only friend. "I know what it means and I know of your promise to never return, but you don't have a choice, we don't have a choice." He told her his tone only a tad softer, he would never show how he could be with his best friend in front of his siblings (they knew but it didn't stop him from hiding it still), Elijah and Rebekah were confused, wondering who Skyler had made such a promise to but Kol knew — it wasn't a promise to anyone but Skyler herself.

Mystic Falls has destroyed her and her brothers, and she vowed never to return upon finally gaining the courage to leave for good, and now— now Niklaus her best friend was asking - no, telling her she had to go.

"I can't go there Nik." Skyler pleaded, dropping the angered facade to show how truly upset his demand made her in hopes that by some miracle he would change his mind and send someone else or at least send someone with her.

"I know." Niklaus told her softly, taking her hands in his which if it was anyone else would have made Kol jealous but he knew of the bond they shared, one of chosen family, and he knew his older brother was no threat to the bond he shared with his wife — the bond of soulmates. "But there's a doppelgänger there and this may be my only chance to unlock my other side, to unlock my true potential."

And Skyler sighed, knowing how much that meant to him. "They're in town, aren't they?" Skyler asked softly after a moment, her voice a mere whisper though due to their vampire hearing they all heard it loud and clear.

Niklaus hesitated only slightly before nodding an affirmative. "Yes, your brothers are back in Mystic Falls."

Skyler took a shaky breath at this, feeling suddenly unbalanced. Suddenly, Kol tugged on the sleeve of her sweater and gave her a pointed look.

Sitting down without a word of protest, Skyler sat as close as she could to her soulmate who intertwined their hands to give her a form of comfort and she chuckled bitterly as her soulmate looks at her fondly. "History truly does repeat itself." She declared before she looked back at Niklaus. "What is her name?" She asked not giving them a chance to respond to her previous words.

"Elena Gilbert." Niklaus answered. "She has a brother and an aunt, her parents died a while ago."

Skyler nodded, taking in the information before asking the question that had been rotting in her brain since she found out about the new doppelgänger. "Has she done it yet?" She asked, Niklaus paused looking unsure as Kol placed an arm around her waist, holding her to his side as her rage grew, and Skyler continued, "Has she tricked my brothers into loving her?"

"Skyler..." Niklaus began sitting back down across from her.

"Well?!" Skyler demanded with a short glare.

Niklaus sighed and nodded.

Skyler's jaw tense but she gave no other reply. After a long, stiff moment filled with glances from everyone in the room wondering how she would react to the news of history repeating itself in Mystic Falls, Skyler spoke tenser than they had seen in a long time, "When do I leave?"

Niklaus flinched as if the words physically hurt him and Kol held her just a bit tighter, getting her impossibly closer. "Skygem." Kol called, using the nickname only he could use because she was his gem and nobody else's. "You don't have to do this." Niklaus went to protest but Kol gave him a glare that had Niklaus going silent, mostly due to his best friend's emotions than being intimidated by his little brother.

Skyler shook her head looking at Kol with what would have been a tear-filled gaze if how upset she was got even somewhat close to how angry she was with her brothers and the doppelgänger and the town and the world. "But I do." She told him, "I have to do this, not because of Nik, because of my brothers."

"You don't owe them anything, gem." Kol told her sternly knowing how she thought.

"I know, I know that." Skyler took a shaky breath, "But they're still my brothers and I made them a promise many years ago." She shook her head, "I'm not going to break it, Kol."

Kol sighed, knowing there was no use as he held her close, pressing a kiss to the top of her head, "I know, my love, I know." He whispered to her making his siblings feel as though they were suddenly intruding on a moment that should belong to only the soulmates before them. "But they hurt you, they broke their promise first."

"They did." Skyler agreed, "But they're my family, Kol. I know it's stupid and naive but no matter what they do, I'll always love them."

"It's not stupid, love." Kol disagrees immediately, glancing at his own siblings with a sigh, "I understand it, I do, I just want to protect you."

Skyler nodded, squeezing his hand. "I know, Kol. I know, but I'll be fine. Mystic Falls hasn't broken me yet." She chuckled though it was without humor and nobody laughed with her.

Looking back at Niklaus, Skyler repeated her earlier question, "When do I leave?"

Niklaus tensed. "In a month." He told her, cursing how quiet and weak his voice came out.

Skyler nodded taking a deep breath. "A month." She repeated to herself.

Kol couldn't take it anymore, he wrapped his arms fully around her pulling her into a proper hug as she immediately pressed her head to his chest, feeling safe in his arms. After a moment, Kol spoke, sounding more certain than she had been, making a promise to her that she desperately needed, "You'll be fine."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟷𝟾𝟷 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂

Ahh! I finally got the chance to write the prologue I've been wanting to write since I started the rewrite, yay!!

I also wrote a new description for this story as it was outdated to say the least so here it is!

Skyler Salvatore hasn't been seen by her brothers, Damon and Stefan, since she left to New Orleans shortly after Katherine came, vowing to never return. In New Orleans she found a family in the Mikaelson's and a soulmate in the troublemaker of the bunch, Kol Mikaelson.
Now, many years later, Skyler returns to Mystic Falls and reunites with her brothers on the basis that she found out they were back and missed them too much to stay away, but is this the truth or does Skyler have ulterior motives to be back in town?
Find out!

Anyways, I hope you all liked this prologue, it isn't exactly as I expected but I don't think it's too bad. Let me know what you thought in the comments and as always if you did enjoy be sure to...

Vote,

Comment,

And...

Be a weirdo! Buh bye! ❤️❤️