꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙲𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

SKYLER WOKE UP COLD AND SCARED,
she didn't know why, she had no reason to be, but she felt as though someone else was here. Watching her. She turned around in bed and then turned again.

Finally, she looked up, looking around. Nobody was there. Skyler sighed, laying her head back down. She needed sleep.

Downstairs, she heard Stefan get a call from Elena before leaving.

It was probably just him, she told herself, or Damon being an overprotective creep again...

She closed her eyes, laying her head down on her pillow and relaxing, and, despite the sinking feeling in her stomach, she fell back to sleep.

꧁꧂

"Wakey, wakey!" Damon called entering his sister's room with a cup of coffee in hand. Skyler merely groaned, rolling over in bed.

He set down the coffee on her bedside table, trying to shake her awake but only getting a kick to the stomach which he of course exaggerated with a loud shout of "ouch!"

"Cmon, Up and at em Sky." Damon called not bothering to be quiet or loud.

"Leave me alone, Damon." Skyler grumbled tiredly.

Damon sighed. "Fine, you leave me no choice." He said walking over to her curtains and quickly with no mercy pulling them open, Skyler immediately let out a loud groan, he glanced over at her, making sure her daylight ring was safely in place— it was.

Sometimes he forgot she's just as dramatic as him.

"Dramatic." He tsked. "Cmon I got you coffee."

"With blood?" Skyler asked.

"With blood." He agreed.

"Black coffee?" She confirmed, still not lifting her head or opening her eyes.

"Yes, black coffee." He rolled his eyes. "Cmon before I tear those blankets right off."

"Do that and you'll be diggin your own grave today." She growled, sitting up and opening her eyes.

"Who pissed in your cheerios, sunshine?" Damon teased relentlessly.

She sighed, running a hand through her disheveled hair. "Didn't get much sleep." She mumbled honestly as she grabbed her coffee, "Felt paranoid."

"Makes sense." He shrugged, "After the council tried to kill all vampires."

"Not because of that." She waved off, "I just... felt like someone was watching."

He gave her a look, furrowing his brows.

"It's fine. I'm just being paranoid." She brushed off taking another sip of coffee, she looked at him. "Why are you so determined to get me up today anyway? Never cared before."

"Stefan's at the hospital."

"What?!" Skyler exclaimed. "He's a vampire! A freaking Bambi killing vampire at that, why is he at a hospital?"