꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚕𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

AFTER THE MYSTIC FALLS GANG LEFT
the Salvatore home, it was just the Salvatore siblings left making Skyler Salvatore nervous although she didn't show it.

Skyler sat down on the chair Bonnie Bennet had been sitting in previously, crossing her legs, she looked at her brothers, "What's wrong brothers?" She asked casually, hiding how cautious she was to even speak to her brothers.

The brothers sat on the couch across from her, blank looks on their faces which hid their anger however Skyler saw it clearly.

"Where were you?" Stefan asked.

At this, Skyler grew confused. She looked at Damon, "Didn't you tell him?" She asked.

"Tell me what?" Stefan asked now just as confused as her, Skyler sighed.

So they hadn't figured out she was lying, Damon just forgot to tell Stefan what she told him.

"I went to a bar in New York, that's why I was gone for so long. I was hungry and I knew you'd stake me if I drained anyone in this town." Skyler explained it was a complete lie however it was consistent with what she told Damon earlier and she hoped he would believe it.

Damon snapped his fingers. "That's what I forgot." He grinned in a lighthearted way making Skyler roll her eyes.

Stefan shook his head at both his siblings. "You can't just leave like that, Skyler." He told her sternly, without thinking he added, "You can't be like mom." He immediately stopped when he realized what he had said.

No matter how bad their disagreements got, none of them had ever compared one of their siblings to one of their parents, especially their mother. She was someone they rarely ever spoke of, let alone compared each other to.

Skyler glared at him, the only she could hold back her tears, "How dare you!" She exclaimed standing up abruptly, she shook her head, tears filling her eyes, she couldn't hold them back anymore, "How dare you, Stefan!"

Even Damon, who out of all of them was most likely to cross lines during their arguments, shook his head as he looked at his brother. "You crossed a line baby brother." He told him as if Stefan didn't already know.

Stefan stayed silent, his eyes widened slightly. He couldn't believe what he had said. He had never, ever compared one of his siblings to either of their parents. "Sky-" he began, she shook her head, stopping him before she walked away.

Skyler made it to her room just as the first tears fell, she closed her door and locked it shut before closing her curtains, leaving the room dark. She fell down on her bed, feeling utterly exhausted and defeated as she cried. She didn't know what to do. None of them had ever crossed that line before.

Finally, her crying calmed down and she stared blankly at the ceiling as she lay on her bed, slowly her vision cleared, blurriness from her tears clearing with every blink.

Suddenly, there was a knock at her door that caused her to jump, her gaze moving to the door as she sat up.

"What?!" She called trying to sound strong and even angry (which she was) but even she heard how weak she sounded and she hated it.

Outside her door, stood Damon whose heart broke at hearing his sister's voice. "It's me, Sky. Let me in." He told her softly, softer than he had spoken to her since she was a child, scared of every loud noise.

Skyler sighed, getting out of bed she made her way to the door and let him in.

When Damon walked in, she didn't dare look at him, however, Damon shot her a thankful and concerned look.