꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘: 𝙳𝚘 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙶𝚘 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"WHAT TOOK YOU TWO SO LONG?"
Klaus questioned as Skyler and Rebekah walked into the mansion.

"I was grabbing a bite with Kol." Skyler said grinning which showed off the blood still on her teeth.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." Rebekah told him before she showed him the stake and added, "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

Klaus stared at the stake, "That's it?"

"The last of the white oak stakes then can kill us." Rebekah confirmed, "Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"

Klaus set his paintbrush down and took the stake from Rebekah, he threw it into the flames of the fireplace, watching it burn as the flames engulfed the stake.

"Well, that's that then." Rebekah said.

"That was kinda anticlimactic." Skyler commented a bit disappointed.

Klaus turned to them, "Pack your bags, we're leaving."

"Wait what?" Skyler asked in surprise. She always knew they'd leave Mystic Falls and she was ready for it she just didn't expect the time to come so soon...

"Today?"

"Why not?" Klaus responded, "There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset." he told them simply.

"But tonight is the decade dance." Rebekah told him.

"So?" Klaus asked, Skyler's eyes going to Rebekah curiously.

"So I'm head of the committee, we have to go." Rebekah responded.

"I'm not going to any dance." Klaus argued.

"Neither I am. I'm not dealing with those snot-nosed kids who want to get in my pants and can't even last." Skyler scrunched her nose up.

"Caroline will be there." Rebekah told Klaus, "And you can bring Kol, he'll keep any boys away."

"That means nothing to me."

"Yeah, Kol and I can dance anytime, anywhere."

"Please," Rebekah begged, "I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me."

"Okay fine." Klaus agreed finally. "One last hoorah."

"Why not? One last hoorah." Skyler shrugged, "But if anyone starts crying or getting handsy, I'm running for the hills."

Rebekah smiled. "One last hoorah."

______________

The gym doors swing open as Klaus, Skyler, and Kol walked through together with Skyler at the center and the brothers on either side, they all had their heads held high as eyes fell on them.

Klaus immediately began to search the crowd for Caroline who wasn't hard to find however he wasn't happy when he found her -- she was dancing, with Tyler! Klaus scowled, staring at the pair when Tyler saw him.