꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚒𝚡: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙱𝚒𝚗𝚍 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"WHO'S THAT?"
Damon asked as he and Skyler walked up to Alaric at Mystic Grill after a woman with tan skin, long brown hair, and kind brown eyes walked away.

"My doctor." Alaric responded, Skyler arched a brow.

"Kinky." She commented sarcastically.

"She's a doctor?" Damon asked surprised, Alaric hummed in the affirmative, "What's the damage?" Damon nodded.

"No damage." Alaric said.

"Come on, Ric, a fact of life. A girl that hot, that smart..." Damon looked at Skyler as they said in unison, "Damage."

"Well, I'm looking for red flags." Alaric admitted, "Her ex called her a psycho case the other day."

Skyler whistled while Damon shook his head, "Yea but it comes from her ex, doesn't count."

Skyler tilted her head, not so sure, while Alaric agreed. Damon picked a notebook off the table, opening it curiously before he tossed it to Alaric, "That's yours." He told the man.

"Ooh, I wonder what my exes would call me?" Alaric wondered.

"Considering they're all dead... my guess would be nothing." Skyler said.

"Huh. Well, her ex is the medical examiner so he is dead adjacent." Alaric shrugged.

Damon frowned, his eyebrows furrowed, "She dated the medical examiner?" Alaric hummed, "Well, I don't think he's dead adjacent. I think he's just dead." He told his friend.

"What?" Alaric asked in shock.

"Murdered." Damon said, "Sheriff is trying to keep a lid on it because he was staked in the chest like a vampire."

"Bet the good doctor didn't say anything about that." Skyler said studying Alaric's face, he shook his head.

"Well, red flag number two."

"Who do you think killed him?" Alaric asked curiously.

Damon shrugged and told him, "I don't know but if I was a cop, your sexy doctor lady friend would definitely be a suspect."

______________

"So what are we gonna do here?" Skyler asked as she stood in the waiting area in the hospital, waiting for Alaric's doctor friend, "Interrogate Doctor McSteamy?"

"We're not gonna interrogate her." Damon chided sarcastically, "We're just here to ask some questions." He looked at her incredulously, "And you know you really didn't have to come."

Skyler hummed, "Yeah but it annoys you and I really like annoying you."

Damon glared at her when he noticed Dr. Fell walking up to them, "You know, we never got a chance to officially meet, Doctor..." He read her nametag, "Fell."

"You're Alaric's friend right?" She asked, "Damon and Skyler Salvatore. I saw you two at the council meeting. What are you doing here?"

Damon shrugged, "Strolling the halls. You know, I like to wave to newborns through the window."

Dr. Fell smiled at him politely and started to walk away when Skyler called after her, "I'm sorry about your boyfriend."

"Oh yeah, right. Animal attack. Brutal." Damon nodded.

"Ex-boyfriend." She corrected, "And thanks. I'm still kind of processing."

Skyler nodded sympathetically, "Yeah, I'm sure. It must be tough."